Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Warrington's Own Buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This article gives more route outlines and confirms that the CAT 6 will terminate at Grappenhall, not operate through to Thelwall:
http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/20...he-spring/

After serving Bank Quay Station is considered, the running time for this service might be more or less the same as currently.
And now from the horse's mouth:
https://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/news...rk-changes

I have to say I've been surprised by how Warrington have run down the 23(A) and 25 (and former 25C) over the years, as both used to be every 15 minutes (8 buses per hour combined), then every 20, then every 30, and now the 23 and 23A are being withdrawn, so soon we will just have the 25, no doubt still with the hourly variation to serve Orange Grove.
These were among the busiest services back in the day, with deckers frequently allocated, but I guess not so much any more due to all the cuts.
I wonder if the 17 vehicles will cope with the amount of the 23's Blackbrook / Fearnhead custom which transfers over. Knowing that area of town, there will probably be quite a fight for pram space with just a halved, half-hourly service.
(01/03/2018 17:34)urmstonian Wrote: [ -> ]From TfGM Bus Services Committee:

Services 5/35 are currently funded by TfGM, Warrington Council and Cheshire East Council. Following the withdrawal of funding by Cheshire East, TfGM and Warrington have agreed a revised network in order to maintain a 30 minute daytime service between Warrington and Altrincham.

Service 35 which is currently funded by Cheshire East Council will be withdrawn and replaced by service 5A.

Service 5A will run via the existing service 5 route between Warrington and Lymm then direct to Partington then via Broadheath to Altrincham. This provides a number of new regular links from Partington to Broadheath ASDA, Lymm and Warrington. The introduction of service 5A maintains a 30 minute service between Altrincham and Broadheath with service 281, replacing service 280. As part of this network revision, Network Warrington are providing brand new buses on this service.

Route 5a from Altrincham to Partington could be a respectable length of journey without the need to go all the way to Warrington. I shall combine a CAT ride with D&G route 88 in Altrincham later this year.
(03/03/2018 11:03)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]Route 5a from Altrincham to Partington could be a respectable length of journey without the need to go all the way to Warrington. I shall combine a CAT ride with D&G route 88 in Altrincham later this year.

Don't forget from next month 88 Altrincham-Wilmslow-Knutsford will only be hourly but it will be interworked with 288 Altrincham-Hale Barns-Manchester Airport (which D&G are taking over) and 88A Knutsford-Wilmslow-Colshaw Farm, while D&G will also be running an hourly Macclesfield to Manchester Airport service.
Further details on the changes:
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/news/...april-2018

Curiously it doesn't explicitly mention all of the changes, such as the CAT 9 and 9A.
Maybe the article is still in progress and will be updated, and also some of the other changes won't be made until the following week.

Knutstransport will be pleased that the 47 is actually being increased and extended to Knutsford!
It will be good for the odd trip out, Tatton Park etc. - I have relatives always banging on about wanting to go and see the charity shops in Knutsford!

It's really good that they are getting this information out much further in advance than for previous changes.
(09/03/2018 11:01)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]Further details on the changes:
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/news/...april-2018

Knutstransport will be pleased that the 47 is actually being increased and extended to Knutsford!
It will be good for the odd trip out, Tatton Park etc. - I have relatives always banging on about wanting to go and see the charity shops in Knutsford!

There's no timetable yet. Presumably it'll be 2 return workings a day so it can still be operated between a morning and evening school run but every weekday instead of just Tuesday and Friday. It'll mean the pensioners in High Legh still have a bus service even if anyone of working age will probably need a car to get anywhere for work. As well as the more obvious links it'll also mean the pensioners living in the retirement homes on Queensway, off Manchester Rd, Knutsford will still have a local bus after the 289 service is withdrawn - I don't know how many use the bus but they were very vocal when the Queenway extension got removed from the 300 route.
Cheshire East are saying they 'hope' the 47 improvements will start on 3rd April (the first weekday where there will be no 289 service.)
(15/03/2018 10:57)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Cheshire East are saying they 'hope' the 47 improvements will start on 3rd April (the first weekday where there will be no 289 service.)

Sounds like it hasn't got the short notice approval (yet!)
This would explain the lack of definitive information.
(15/03/2018 10:59)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like it hasn't got the short notice approval (yet!)
This would explain the lack of definitive information.

Network Warrington site says the change will take place on 9th April, so it sounds like Cheshire East have asked them to make the change a week earlier (to coincide with the date the 289 no longer runs from) but Network Warrington are doing all their other changes on 8/9th April, which coincides with the end of school Easter holidays and the TfGM change date, so will they want to make the 47 change a week earlier?
Cheshire East council are now saying the 47 will be 3 journeys per day (Mon-Fri) from 3rd April, yet Network Warrington haven't said anything further since they said the 47 will be extended to Knutsford from 9th April and will run Mon-Fri. I've not seen anything on VOSA and no timetable has been made available (pdf, physical or via journey planners.)
Reference URL's