Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Warrington's Own Buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Surely how well behaved different school buses are vary from year to year with pupils leaving and new pupils starting.
Iv never had any issues Witt school kids. The majority of the time it depends how the driver is with the kids
(15/08/2018 16:44)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Someone was telling me the other day that Network Warrington had bought Fairbrothers and their last day is Friday, How true this is tho is another thing.

I don't think Fairbrothers have the business to sell. By the sounds of it the plan is to cease trading and the deal with Network Warrington is simply that they are taking on their school commitments. No doubt the public commercial services will simply be cancelled.
(17/08/2018 11:45)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think Fairbrothers have the business to sell. By the sounds of it the plan is to cease trading and the deal with Network Warrington is simply that they are taking on their school commitments. No doubt the public commercial services will simply be cancelled.

From what I’m hearing this may very well be true. I do know that we are not taking any of Fairbrother’s buses. We are taking the drivers on though as they start on Monday.
(17/08/2018 14:57)RSTurbo50 Wrote: [ -> ]From what I’m hearing this may very well be true. I do know that we are not taking any of Fairbrother’s buses. We are taking the drivers on though as they start on Monday.
The buses are for sale online. The routes might as well be dropped immediately. Let's face it, 1C is just the 1 and 2. The 16X is just the 16. The 15X is just the 14 and 15. The schools are the only ones which need covering.
Hopefully time to source some extra vehicles large enough for the schools before the new school year.
(17/08/2018 19:09)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully time to source some extra vehicles large enough for the schools before the new school year.

It's mostly deckers. 1 solo on the 283 but I think Fairbrothers lost that. Even the 265 only needs a 100 seater Olympian (like the one Howard's had)
(17/08/2018 14:57)RSTurbo50 Wrote: [ -> ]From what I’m hearing this may very well be true. I do know that we are not taking any of Fairbrother’s buses. We are taking the drivers on though as they start on Monday.

It says in the paper there is "no plans to change fares or services" which seems very odd
(17/08/2018 19:55)mr t Wrote: [ -> ]It says in the paper there is "no plans to change fares or services" which seems very odd

It's the line in the paper 'no school services are effected' that kind of gives it away.

Sounds as though Fairbrother has run out of cash and has done the honourable thing and made sure all his drivers still have work etc. Sad in away but there's only ever one winner in these situations.
(17/08/2018 19:09)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully time to source some extra vehicles large enough for the schools before the new school year.

I believe we are receiving some more deckers from London very shortly...
Reference URL's