Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Warrington's Own Buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is a new design on the banner for £1.70 single fare to Westy on the website, using concentric circles on the 'o' of 'networkwarrington' instead of the swoops connecting letters.
They are determined to wipe out Fairbrothers.... Shame really.
It's a bit frustrating that operators run over the top frequencies or offer low fares on some routes, while on other routes there's limited services and the fares aren't cheap.
If i was a fare paying passenger , i would be so annoyed that they only offer promotions on the routes where there is competition, and a huge frequency, the other routes can pay full price... with no promotion or incentive.
(05/11/2017 10:14)RSTurbo50 Wrote: [ -> ]A decision on new buses has been made although I'm not going to say anything until it's all official..

Has there been any new reports on new buses or new tech?
I've not seen anything since the 5th
I believe the first batch of new vehicles will be delivered May 2018.
(15/11/2017 12:31)The H man Wrote: [ -> ]If i was a fare paying passenger , i would be so annoyed that they only offer promotions on the routes where there is competition, and a huge frequency, the other routes can pay full price... with no promotion or incentive.

This sadly is the downside of de-regulation. Really frustrating not only that they offer these much cheaper fares where there's the slightest threat of competition yet in areas where there's no competion the fares are much higher and often the service is non exsistant on an evening and on Sundays.
Correct me if I am wrong but Fairbrothers are hardly competition for Network Warrington. They don't run at peak time when there are the most amount of passengers. Runs between peaks and in Westy, NW has like 10 bph into town. Fairbrothers have 4. I can't see them taking that much revenue from Network Warrington. In Orford there was 10 buses per hour and Fairbrothers have 2. They can not say Fairbrothers are taking so much money away from them that it warrants increasing frequencies and lowering prices to get those few passengers back. Possibly there is a more damaging effect than what meets the eye but I still see large numbers on NW buses though that may be due to leaving the bus station late to purposely get those extra few pax.
(01/12/2017 23:51)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]This sadly is the downside of de-regulation. Really frustrating not only that they offer these much cheaper fares where there's the slightest threat of competition yet in areas where there's no competion the fares are much higher and often the service is non exsistant on an evening and on Sundays.

Do Fairbrother’s operate evenings/weekends?
Fairbrothers are fighting back as they are advertising £1 to town for the 21X on Facebook
Reference URL's