Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Warrington's Own Buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't know if they could do it but is it possible GHA are eyeing up WBT and Halton for a possible purchase? Shame if that did happen but stranger things have.
I know if that happened I'd be looking to move on and so would the majority of the other drivers. We wouldn't work for them.
My opinion is i dont think GHA is in a posistion to buy NETWORK WARRINGTON or HALTON as if someone bought them it would be one of the big groups but thats just my thoughts.
(22/10/2015 17:26)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]My opinion is i dont think GHA is in a posistion to buy NETWORK WARRINGTON or HALTON as if someone bought them it would be one of the big groups but thats just my thoughts.

I carnt see Warrington council agreeing to a sale unless it was for mega bucks, they seem to see NW as a cash cow, hence the constant hikes in fares.
No disrespect to GHA but I'm certain they don't have that kind of money.

It wouldn't surprise me if in the next 12-18 months GHA end up trying there hand at competing on the 5. It's a corridor that would be suited to GHA due to there other operations at each end.
To be honest not until details of the Buses Bill comes out will there be much movement in the industry now.

The general consenus now is that what has not been sold now wont be sold until at least everybody knows what the industry will be looking like .

How the remaining council owned bus companies haven't ended up in private hands is beyond me , but some councils do seem to be able to make a better job of balancing there books using other means .
The council like having a hand in how Network Warrington runs and that's why they won't sell.
Halton Transport won't sell up. Stagecoach and other members of the "big-groups" have repeatedly tried to do this and got the message that "Halton Transport is not for sale".

It's extremely unlikely now also as Halton currently has more services and PVR than it has for years proving for the while anyway, the business is running quite successfully, especially regarding the number of school and college services operated. If it were to sell up you'd be more likely to see Merseytravel owning/ (or at arms length) managing it then you would a big group.
(22/10/2015 20:14)RSTurbo50 Wrote: [ -> ]The council like having a hand in how Network Warrington runs and that's why they won't sell.

Yet as far as the public are concerned Warrington council like to make out that NW is a private company and nothing to do with them lol
Lol this is true Mayneway. For years and years their have been rumours about takeovers but that's all they are, rumours. I'm actually quite proud to work for one of the very few municipal bus companies that are left.
Reference URL's