Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Warrington's Own Buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(19/03/2021 06:13)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]usually the recently acquired Enviro 200s out on the morning and afternoon journeys on the 47

Seems to be a mix of old style Enviro 200s and the new MMCs. Yesterday's allocations were a bit unusual as the Versa didn't go on to another service after working the first Knutsford 47 and a Pulsar worked the High Legh only 47 and that also didn't go on to another service afterwards.
It seems the 17-branded Versas have been getting debranded, though at least for the moment a few of them still seem to end up on the 17 most days.
If this signals a change to the 17 is coming, such as the route getting split up into an East and a West side again, personally I hope the East route (a revived 24?) would extend to cover Gorse Covert, as the 25 takes the best part of an hour to get from Gorse Covert to Warrington.
I think the problem with 25 is that it now covers more route than it used to do as it now covers Cinnamon Brow as well which used to be covered by a separate service plus it covers Birchwood Employment Estate which also adds a bit of time to the journey.
(26/03/2021 07:06)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]I think the problem with 25 is that it now covers more route than it used to do as it now covers Cinnamon Brow as well which used to be covered by a separate service plus it covers Birchwood Employment Estate which also adds a bit of time to the journey.

I completely agree with you, and there have also been alternate detours into Orange Grove and Ryfields Retirement Village added to the route in recent years, so the 25 really isn't a good route for end-to-end travel, especially on the current hourly frequency.
Just my two pence, but personally I think a good way to connect the two ends of the route more quickly while retaining all current connections would be to cut the 25 short to Birchwood Station (or Oakwood) and have the 17/24 extend to Gorse Covert instead.
(28/03/2021 13:30)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]I completely agree with you, and there have also been alternate detours into Orange Grove and Ryfields Retirement Village added to the route in recent years, so the 25 really isn't a good route for end-to-end travel, especially on the current hourly frequency.
Just my two pence, but personally I think a good way to connect the two ends of the route more quickly while retaining all current connections would be to cut the 25 short to Birchwood Station (or Oakwood) and have the 17/24 extend to Gorse Covert instead.
Does that mess up many journeys between Birchwood Park and Gorse Covert? That's about the only link that I can see which would be affected.

Also, does the 17 have the time to do Gorse Covert? When I am looking at it, the 25 would end up with 20-25 mins in Birchwood/Oakwood for it to work (so you would have to interwork it in Warrington) and there isn't a way to extend the 17 without it using another bus and again having 20-25 mins in Birchwood. You'd have to do some interworking for it to all work out.

That said, if time was put into it all, there is a 14 minute journey time reduction....
(29/03/2021 19:39)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]Does that mess up many journeys between Birchwood Park and Gorse Covert? That's about the only link that I can see which would be affected.

Also, does the 17 have the time to do Gorse Covert? When I am looking at it, the 25 would end up with 20-25 mins in Birchwood/Oakwood for it to work (so you would have to interwork it in Warrington) and there isn't a way to extend the 17 without it using another bus and again having 20-25 mins in Birchwood. You'd have to do some interworking for it to all work out.

That said, if time was put into it all, there is a 14 minute journey time reduction....

Yeah, some extra interworking would be required, but Warrington routinely does interworking and there would be no extra journey time overall across all services, so might not be a problem logistically.
There are quite a few service reductions coming up next week (from 19th April):
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...april-2021
(15/04/2021 13:31)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]There are quite a few service reductions coming up next week (from 19th April):
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...april-2021

Is that due to a staffing problem? Seems strange to be reducing services as restrictions are eased.
I was just about to ask the same question as it does seem odd that considering other operators are increasing their operations now Warringtons Own are doing the exact opposite and I was hoping that considering non essential shops have reopened and have been quite busy this week that Warringtons Own would see this and increase their Saturday operations to frequencies that they have been operating during the week with services operating every 30mins or so including cross boundary services like 19/28.

I do remember pre Covid 19 & 28 used to both be quite busy so surely both these services need increasing at weekends and not have each of them running every 2 hours with a combined services of hourly between Leigh and Warrington now shops have reopened.
(16/04/2021 06:02)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]I was just about to ask the same question as it does seem odd that considering other operators are increasing their operations now Warringtons Own are doing the exact opposite and I was hoping that considering non essential shops have reopened and have been quite busy this week that Warringtons Own would see this and increase their Saturday operations to frequencies that they have been operating during the week with services operating every 30mins or so including cross boundary services like 19/28.

I do remember pre Covid 19 & 28 used to both be quite busy so surely both these services need increasing at weekends and not have each of them running every 2 hours with a combined services of hourly between Leigh and Warrington now shops have reopened.

Yes, as has happened a few times in recent years, the Sunday service on the 19/28 might be more useful than the service on other days of the week for quite a few people.

While it doesn't help with the weekend service, from today, some trips on the 19/28 have increased capacity, catering for Culcheth High School:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...igh-school
Reference URL's