Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Warrington's Own Buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unfortunatly deckers still cant be used on either Cat 5 or Cat 5A full routes due to the low bridge at Statham just after Lymm.
(12/12/2020 23:32)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]It would be useful to be clear whether it's the 48 or 48A that's running on 29th to 31st December, but I guess it's safe to assume it's the Northwich - Frodsham 48 instead of the 48A (and not the school run also called 48).

Using both the timetable on their website and the information on that page, I don't see where there's any confusion.

29th is a Tuesday meaning all journeys will be 48 (via Acton Bridge) and the 48A (via Delamere Park) won't run.

30th is a Wednesday meaning the 48A journeys will operate.

31st is a Thursday meaning it'll be the same as Tuesday.

All journeys except the 16:00 Frodsham-Northwich serve Weaverham High and there's no publicly advertised services that are school days only.

I have seen a decker showing the CAT9 number running towards Northwich on Chester Road at around 08:45 on schooldays, despite nothing in the timetable, so I don't know if there's an additional school bus which then does a CAT9 journey to get back to Warrington?
The Sinderland Lane route does now seem over-bused with the each hourly 5/5A and the half hourly 247. But I cant see an obvious alternative route to take in Dunham in place of the 5
(12/12/2020 23:32)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]Christmas and New Year bus services:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...services-1

It would be useful to be clear whether it's the 48 or 48A that's running on 29th to 31st December, but I guess it's safe to assume it's the Northwich - Frodsham 48 instead of the 48A (and not the school run also called 48).

If you’re referring to the Cronton & Riverside College services, these have ‘C’ prefixes to distinguish them from the commercial services. As I understand it there are a few of the contract routes that clash with the ‘standard’ service
(13/12/2020 11:43)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]30th is a Wednesday meaning the 48A journeys will operate.

What you say sounds sensible and is probably the case, but if I lived on the 48A route, I wouldn't feel at all confident that the 48A would be running because, as far as I can see, there's only mention of the 48 will be running as normal, not 48A.
(14/12/2020 02:29)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]What you say sounds sensible and is probably the case, but if I lived on the 48A route, I wouldn't feel at all confident that the 48A would be running because, as far as I can see, there's only mention of the 48 will be running as normal, not 48A.

Only way we could really see for sure is if it shows on Bustimes. Then again, the average passenger wouldn’t be checking this (I don’t think)
(14/12/2020 22:39)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote: [ -> ]Only way we could really see for sure is if it shows on Bustimes. Then again, the average passenger wouldn’t be checking this (I don’t think)

Taking into account that a lot of passengers who will be using subsided routes between Christmas and New Year will be pass holders, the average passenger would probably phone the operator to check if they are unsure.

A number of services run to a Saturday timetable between Christmas and New Year but those which don't usually run as normal. If your village only gets a bus on Tuesday and Christmas falls on Tuesday then normally you have no service that week but if Christmas falls on Friday you get your bus as normal.
Service changes from 4th January:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...nuary-2021

Slightly confusing wording on a few of these, as I originally interpreted, "All buses will depart from Warrington and arrive in Warrington at the same time." to mean that buses departing at xx past the hour also arrive back at xx past the hour, but actually they probably mean that there are no changes to the current departure or arrival times in Warrington.
Versa 97 was on the 640/641 Yesterday
According to Bustimes, decker 196 made it out on a couple of trips to Altrincham on the Cat5 yesterday (5th January), but it seems to have operated the normal route in Statham, so I guess it was 196's ticket machine in a different vehicle - can anyone confirm? Much appreciated.
Reference URL's