Current time: 18/04/2024, 10:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
They might want to be careful what they say on Twitter

Quote:we do operate a number of routes at a loss in order to keep people connected
https://twitter.com/WarringtonBuses/stat...3010147328
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/02/2018 22:25)iMarkeh Wrote:  5 buses heading up towards Dallam on the 16s within 5 minutes of eachother the other day. They are really trying to get Fairbrothers out. You can tell this guy worked at First before he worked at Network Warrington.
They need to be careful this doesn't turn out to be another Cardiff Bus / 2Travel case, as this looks very predatory indeed.
35 Warrington - Little Bollington - Altrincham service to be withdrawn following withdrawal of both Cheshire East and TfGM subsides.
(19/02/2018 13:03)knutstransport Wrote:  35 Warrington - Little Bollington - Altrincham service to be withdrawn following withdrawal of both Cheshire East and TfGM subsides.

If anyone goes to the event in Stockton Heath which has the full details of the proposed changes, any info gained would be much appreciated - I unfortunately can't make it.

The obvious changes that spring to mind would be the dead time on 7/8 at Appleton Thorn (currently usually 11/12 minutes) being reduced to enable that to be operated with PVR 1.
So too, the dead time on 45/46 (currently usually 19 minutes) also being reduced by the same amount to enable them to be operated with PVR 2.
This would then give quite a bit of dead time on the 5 though, which could be where the idea of diverting around Partington would come in.
NB This paragraph is all just speculation based on common sense - I am not suggesting that this will actually happen.
I see the following services are registered on VOSA:
CAT 5, CAT 42A, CAT 6, CAT 5E, CAT 6C, CAT 35, CAT 39
Good info - they are all existing service numbers, just with CAT on the front! Smile
I wonder if the CAT 35 will be the one to go around Partington - again just speculation.
That what I'm wondering. I thought the 39 was only a school service? If so, seems strange using the Cat brandng
(19/02/2018 18:07)urmstonian Wrote:  That what I'm wondering. I thought the 39 was only a school service? If so, seems strange using the Cat brandng

The 39 and 42A are both school services but are available to the general public too.
No doubt they will be using CAT-branded buses on those routes and I wonder if they might also show them on the CAT 5/5E/6/6C timetable to plug gaps in those services in the peak periods.
Northwich to Warrington to become services CAT 9 and 9A, 7 and 8 registrations also changed to CAT.
(20/02/2018 11:28)knutstransport Wrote:  Northwich to Warrington to become services CAT 9 and 9A, 7 and 8 registrations also changed to CAT.

The CAT 8 registration also has CAT 8A, CAT 9, CAT 8E, CAT 7 and CAT 9B in brackets.
This probably means that the CAT 8A will be the same as the current 8A and the CAT 9B might be the current 9 to Hatton, with CAT 9 being used for all short journeys to Stretton.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)