Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(28/08/2019 14:07)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]Can see in a years time .

Arriva Click Speke Zone .... Withdrawn due to lack of use.

I see it too. Anything that isn’t just there in front of the passengers (a bus stop with times for a specific route) is likely to be ignored. Hence why I don’t think this makes an adequate replacement for a bus service
(28/08/2019 16:25)mrd97 Wrote: [ -> ]I see it too. Anything that isn’t just there in front of the passengers (a bus stop with times for a specific route) is likely to be ignored. Hence why I don’t think this makes an adequate replacement for a bus service

I do wonder if Arriva Click had not already been operating in that area whether this would be happening now I suspect not.

Does Merseytravel honestly this is an acceptable replacement. It just looks like Arriva has some of these vehicles spare and because they dont take money onboard they have had to think of a way round it.
(28/08/2019 21:20)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]I do wonder if Arriva Click had not already been operating in that area whether this would be happening now I suspect not.

Does Merseytravel honestly this is an acceptable replacement. It just looks like Arriva has some of these vehicles spare and because they dont take money onboard they have had to think of a way round it.

You’re probably right. I mean it’s better than nothing, but I don’t see it working at all. Is their budget still being cut? Or has it reached an ‘equilibrium’ if you will? Apparently austerity is over but I doubt we will see merseytravel replace all the lost services if their budget is increased any time soon
(28/08/2019 14:07)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]Can see in a years time .

Arriva Click Speke Zone .... Withdrawn due to lack of use.

Or a big success with expansion planned!

Considering the 211 penetrates around 10% of roads in the area the new click service will cover 100% of the roads with no fixed route so potentially creating more opportunities for more people not just those within easy reach of the 211. Plus I’ve already heard customers ask about using the standard click services for trips to hospitals etc whereas they use a taxi now so were impressed with the prices compared to taxis.

And if it does work then routes under threat could be a consideration for this type of service and potentially create links that have previously been withdrawn.
(28/08/2019 21:20)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]I do wonder if Arriva Click had not already been operating in that area whether this would be happening now I suspect not.

It’s easier to run a trial in the existing operating zone that is already registered.

And the point is to see whether or not this is an acceptable replacement as mentioned above this could create new links that have been lost at a fraction of the cost of the former route.

In reality the potential for the whole click area to accept passengers with concessions the system is already there if reimbursement could be agreed. In Kent concessions get 50% discount on their bookings which have seen an increase in its use.
Christmas & New Year Guide 2019/2020 is now online!

https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travel-u...0-2020.pdf
I see the Boxing Day X1 will only operate between Liverpool and Cheshire Oaks , only the service 1 will continue onto Chester
(23/11/2019 13:28)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]I see the Boxing Day X1 will only operate between Liverpool and Cheshire Oaks , only the service 1 will continue onto Chester
Did the X8 ever run on Boxing Day? I know the 1 did and it normally had dupes on so that is perhaps the role the X1 is trying to take.
(23/11/2019 00:12)buses7675 Wrote: [ -> ]Christmas & New Year Guide 2019/2020 is now online!

https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travel-u...0-2020.pdf

According to the timetable, the Boxing and New Years Day 500 will be limited stop. Is this a mistake because I'm sure last year, the 500 was all stops?

Also, I don't understand the early finishes on those days. I think the bus companies sometimes forget some people (particularly those in retail) have to go to work on Boxing Day and may have difficulty getting home if the buses stop at 6pm
(23/11/2019 19:04)Walton 46 Wrote: [ -> ]According to the timetable, the Boxing and New Years Day 500 will be limited stop. Is this a mistake because I'm sure last year, the 500 was all stops?

Also, I don't understand the early finishes on those days. I think the bus companies sometimes forget some people (particularly those in retail) have to go to work on Boxing Day and may have difficulty getting home if the buses stop at 6pm

With regards to the finish of routes between 1800 and 1900hrs don't forget that in years previous that the services on some routes where more limited than they are now .

Boxing Day is a very important retail day i know but these bus companies know at what times of the day they are going to generate the passengers and have based the times on them.

You will always miss passengers at the start and end of the day , do you want bus services at 0600 or 2300 on Boxing day because if you do , then someone has to pay for it and it sure as hell wont be the bus companies it will be Merseytravel and who pays them you and me .
Reference URL's