Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(25/02/2017 00:11)Jw88 Wrote: [ -> ]If you think that's bad about the Pass Holders On Avon Buses Comercial Service 80 West Kirby - Newton Circular - West Kirby Route when I use it to go and see a friend Everytime Going To Or Going From I get on I am the only person on the whole route that pays everyone else has either a wurlus Card or A Concessionsy Bus pass

What's your point? Nobody pays cash fares on London's buses. In most shops these days contactless payment is the norm and is becoming more common on buses either through operators' apps or debit cards.

Avon, like all operators, is a business with the intention of making a profit. If a route is not profitable it won't last very long.
Operators are reimbursed 30-38p for every concessionary pass and Walrus accepted.
Does anybody know how much Merseyravel pay the bus operators per tap with a travel pass ?
(25/02/2017 09:44)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]Operators are reimbursed 30-38p for every concessionary pass and Walrus accepted.

Sorry you must have posted at the same time I asked !
(25/02/2017 08:17)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]What's your point? Nobody pays cash fares on London's buses. In most shops these days contactless payment is the norm and is becoming more common on buses either through operators' apps or debit cards.

Avon, like all operators, is a business with the intention of making a profit. If a route is not profitable it won't last very long.

The 80 has been Around since 2014
(25/02/2017 09:44)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]Operators are reimbursed 30-38p for every concessionary pass and Walrus accepted.

Is it any wonder that some services are being axed with that sort of reimbursement
(25/02/2017 12:33)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]Is it any wonder that some services are being axed with that sort of reimbursement

The 86/87 Are being Axed
(25/02/2017 12:33)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]Is it any wonder that some services are being axed with that sort of reimbursement

Im led to beleive its more than that as i was told between 50p-70p per concessionary pass in merseyside.
I would have thought it was nearer the £1 mark. It must be more profitable for operators for pass holders to make lots of short journeys.
A driver i know at Stagecoach Gillmoss told me it is around 30-38p. They do not get much hence why they are encouraging more fare paying passengers by upgrading buses slightly.
Reference URL's