Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One thing that am starting to notice is people dont know where the H2 and H3 go, Been asked a couple of times today on Facebook for the route, Went to look on the Merseytravel booklet and no route information there. Have to say thats a disgrace as apart from us spotters how are people meant to know where they are going??
It's odd really as although they are 194X and 195X respectively, even they aren't the exact old 194 and 195 routes.
(24/12/2018 14:31)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]One thing that am starting to notice is people dont know where the H2 and H3 go, Been asked a couple of times today on Facebook for the route, Went to look on the Merseytravel booklet and no route information there. Have to say thats a disgrace as apart from us spotters how are people meant to know where they are going??

I’ve not thought of that, but having read the comments its made me relise nothing has been posted on St Helens local media regarding Christmas Day buses let alone maps of routes.

Is this a familiar occurrence with Merseytravel and local media in Merseyside?
Advertising was poor tbh, Says it all when the grand total of Passengers on the H3 came to 2, Myself and another spotter!
(25/12/2018 21:12)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Advertising was poor tbh, Says it all when the grand total of Passengers on the H3 came to 2, Myself and another spotter!

Only one winner in all this Stagecoach
(25/12/2018 23:16)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]Only one winner in all this Stagecoach
Do you not think the drivers are winners as well? All the extra pay and lieu days. Lots of pay and picking up hardly any passengers. Empty bus is a happy bus and all that haha.

To be fair, the whole Christmas Day buses thing is a bit daft. Especially given the routes. Manchester has 1 single bus route which runs on christmas Day and that one route links 4-5 hospitals, an Airport and the 2 big universities.

Most depots which are open are running around 6 buses. I don't see why Merseytravel want to keep funding these daft and dead services. It's a waste of taxpayers money.
The issue is, as a few have stated, is fourfold:

1: They are running services that don’t exist anymore (makes you think they should kept them if they are so important they are needed on Christmas Day no?)
2: The route numbers have changed, 118 is now ‘H2’ I believe
3. They provide very limited timetable information, the times for the start and the end of the route, that’s it. For a long route which takes nearly an hour and a half, that information is inadequate if you are boarding halfway along the route
4. There has been very little advertisement of these. Perhaps they should have added it to bus stops labelling it as Christmas Day only
In the case of the 194/195 (this year's H2/H3), these routes linked many parts of St Helens, Prescot and Whiston/Rainhill giving links on all parts of the circular to two hospitals - in most cases now for residents of most parts of these it is either two buses with some parts now unserved and yes, I"ve thought if they are needed on Christmas Day then surely they are needed the rest of the year.
The future bus service changes page has been updated and I've noticed the 603 between Newton and Ashton is withdrawn from end of April too.
(27/12/2018 16:20)jcksmnr Wrote: [ -> ]The future bus service changes page has been updated and I've noticed the 603 between Newton and Ashton is withdrawn from end of April too.

I can’t say I’m too suprised, rarely do I see passengers on this and they’re alway pass holder when they are. Only once I’ve seen a near enough busy bus which were 8th December this year at 1835 from Earlestown to Ashton. I was amazed to see half passes and half paying.
Reference URL's