Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yet another mistake by Merseytravel in that 360 doesn't show the journies that Stagecoach Wigan are taking over infact still shows that Diamonbus will still be operating all tendered journies between Wigan-Newton le Willows.
Perhaps it was created before the new tender was awarded, so Merseytravel weren't aware of an impending change of operator.
103/135/235 Netherton - Dingle

The timetables are back online and looks like all 103 journeys are withdrawn apart from avons one commercial service and Avon now run all evening and Sunday Journeys
Quite annoyingly given all the new April timetables on there, there is still nothing listed in Future Bus Service Changes.
(06/03/2017 13:56)St Helens Rider Wrote: [ -> ]Quite annoyingly given all the new April timetables on there, there is still nothing listed in Future Bus Service Changes.

Im wondering whether the future bus service changes section is going to be removed , merseytravel do have a fad of doing something things , then giving up after a while .
Not sure if this has been posted on here yet. A few interesting proposals are here including the withdrawal of the 101, C4/C5 and Soccerbus services:

https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/about-us...hanges.pdf
Was reading that before, first thought was the PVR drop for Cumfybus could finish a lot of the older Solos
(06/03/2017 18:49)Y474 KNF Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this has been posted on here yet. A few interesting proposals are here including the withdrawal of the 101, C4/C5 and Soccerbus services:

https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/about-us...hanges.pdf

I don't use it myself but the withdrawal of the Soccerbus service might be a blow for fans travelling from the Southport area. I suspect that the increasing popularity of the the 917/9 from the city centre may well be the reason for this. IIRC, Peoplesbus have this contract and they have a PVR of six. I wonder if they will continue to provide this service without subsidy. Anyway, in a few years' time the blue half of the city may well have a stadium very close to Sandhills.
Taken from the Peoplebus Facebook Page

*Any thoughts folks? Do you use Soccerbus? How would this affect you?
We are currently in discussions with Merseytravel to continue the ⚽️ Soccerbus on a commercial basis. We've be proud to serve you over the last seven years and hope to continue to do so for many years to come. Keep watching for further updates over the next month or so*
Reference URL's