Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think the explanation of how to use a 24 hour clock is a bit far, but otherwise it's simple and clean
(19/10/2015 12:30)Enviro400 Wrote: [ -> ]I think the explanation of how to use a 24 hour clock is a bit far, but otherwise it's simple and clean

In my opinion, it still looks quite dated.
Im sure they teach the 24 hour clock in school's now .

Its the areas that use the 12 hour clock that is confusing now .
(19/10/2015 13:03)R557 ABA Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion, it still looks quite dated.

Its the current design trend; a pallette of greys with one or two light colours. Solid blocks of colour, no gradients or borders.
Sounds a bit on the drab side to be honest
(19/10/2015 15:16)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds a bit on the drab side to be honest

It is. Haha! Not sure what it's all about, like.
(19/10/2015 15:27)Enviro400 Wrote: [ -> ]It is. Haha! Not sure what it's all about, like.

Probably makes producing it cheaper for the bus stations , no benefit between colours if you print at home .
Well I'm going to take the bold move of admitting that I much prefer the new design.
Agreed that the 24-hour clock explanation is unnecessary (if you can get your head around the 12-hour clock, the 24-hour clock isn't much more of a stretch, surely?).
But overall it seems to be a bit more compact than the old almanacs.

Maybe I ought to have reserved judgement until a few more have been released though.
(19/10/2015 22:39)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]Well I'm going to take the bold move of admitting that I much prefer the new design.
Agreed that the 24-hour clock explanation is unnecessary (if you can get your head around the 12-hour clock, the 24-hour clock isn't much more of a stretch, surely?).
But overall it seems to be a bit more compact than the old almanacs.

Maybe I ought to have reserved judgement until a few more have been released though.

I'm going to wait until a few more are out. I'm intrigued to see how they represent route variations on the map.

As for the 24 hour clock, I love the idea of some person being thankful for finally being able to read a timetable after 15 years of no explanation! I somehow doubt that is likely though!
There has been a 24 hour clock explanation before hasn't there? I'm sure they had it for a while when they last updated the timetables a few years back.
Reference URL's