Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(20/10/2015 07:43)Enviro400 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to wait until a few more are out. I'm intrigued to see how they represent route variations on the map.

I don't think they have developed route variations with the new style as the 79 timetable which was put out at the same time was still in the old style.
It may well be that the timetable's may be in the transition phase , i do prefer to see some form of the house colours of Merseytravel used .

Its a case over the last 29 years of deregulation that Merseytravel has changed formats of there timetables on a regular basis .
Just a shame the one they picked is racked with errors, (again yes, and for the poor 15 users again!)
Slight error on the 192 one, they've left the HTL logo on the front page even though HTL don't run any of the services in that timetable anymore, Arriva run M-S AM 192, Stagecoach all other 192s and Cumfybus all 193s!
(12/10/2015 14:36)mr t Wrote: [ -> ]All buses are being removed from Cook Street and Victoria Street of an evening due to large numbers of antisocial behaviour in the area at bus stops, in the roads and general drunken riff raff getting in the way everywhere

Went for a ride on a decker late last Saturday night from LOBS just to see what all the fuss was about.
True, you get a few idiots on Victoria Street, but the Police are often in attendance with their big yellow Sprinter vans.
I'd say the black hackney cabs that block-up North John Street are more of a concern. Either way, the bus still ran on time, riff-raff or no riff-raff.

No, what bothers me aren't the idiots, it's the fact that James Street Station is being taken out of the equation.
If I'm drinking with friends over the water and I'm heading back to Kirkdale, the logical solution is train to James Street then bus from James Street Stop JC right outside the Station.
How the hell am I supposed to do that from Sunday?

Merseytravel like to brag that they can connect trains to buses (insisting that some Stations are now 'Interchanges'), but they've made a big mistake with this one, breaking the link between bus-train connections for the sake of a few street drunks.

Integrated Transport Authority?
Pah! Don't make me laughSad
Train to Moorfields and get the bus from Tithebarn Street.
(13/11/2015 14:13)buses7675 Wrote: [ -> ]Slight error on the 192 one, they've left the HTL logo on the front page even though HTL don't run any of the services in that timetable anymore, Arriva run M-S AM 192, Stagecoach all other 192s and Cumfybus all 193s!

Also on the 990-993 they still say operated by HTL Buses in the codes box under the timetables.
In fairness if you go into Queen Square or Liverpool One travel center and ask for a 165 timetable for the Belle Vale service you'll still receive a Supertravel one.
For a long time the 155 (I think) was never updated as the service didn't change but was still listed as being operated by Raddoneur years after they'd gone. Also on the 192 timetable, is it right that Stagecoach are operating it commercially or is that another mistake?
Reference URL's