Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know they already do but it's been mentioned elsewhere they aren't renewing any contracts so the question was is this a continuation of an existing contract.
(27/02/2019 18:50)jcksmnr Wrote: [ -> ]Notice Cumfybus are running these, are these just changes to the existing contract rather than the start of a new contract?

Yes
New timetables up for following routes in Liverpool:

From 6th April:

14 - Liverpool-Widnes/Runcorn

From 28th April:

17 - Liverpool-Aintree Hospital/Kirkby Admin
19 - Liverpool-Gilmoss/Croxteth/Kirkby/Kirkby Admin
20/20X - Liverpool-Tower Hill/Kirkby Admin
21 - Liverpool-Northwood
47 - Liverpool-Crossens
53 - Liverpool-Crosby
60 - Bootle-Aigburth Vale
121 - Aintree Station-Broadway
214/215 - Cavendish Drive/Aintree Hospital-Lavender Way
X3 - Liverpool-Knowsley Industrial Park
X8 - Chester to Liverpool is now online
Full list of the registered changes are in this spreadsheet and a description of the change (If there is no description then it means the timetables are not yet published)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
(16/03/2019 11:41)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]Full list of the registered changes are in this spreadsheet and a description of the change (If there is no description then it means the timetables are not yet published)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

I’ve thought for a while the 411 should be a 20 minute frequency. Does this mean the 409 will increase to 20 mins in the week too? As I thought the idea behind rerouting the 411 was to maintain a 15 minute frequency between Seacombe - Woodside - Birkenhead Bus Station - Seacombe. A 20 min 409 would see a combined 10 minute service on this section of route in the week

I like the 413/423 have been diverted into Arrowe Park. Following the loss of most of Avon’s services, there wasn’t much going into the internal road, the 22, 181 and 471/2 were the only ones I could think of. I think mersyetravel should follow suit with the 16/16A/17. After all, there’s a healthy 10 minute layover at Moreton.

Nice to see some positive chances for once, not a reduction in frequency or withdrawals (bar the N1!)
(16/03/2019 18:15)mrd97 Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve thought for a while the 411 should be a 20 minute frequency. Does this mean the 409 will increase to 20 mins in the week too? As I thought the idea behind rerouting the 411 was to maintain a 15 minute frequency between Seacombe - Woodside - Birkenhead Bus Station - Seacombe. A 20 min 409 would see a combined 10 minute service on this section of route in the week

I like the 413/423 have been diverted into Arrowe Park. Following the loss of most of Avon’s services, there wasn’t much going into the internal road, the 22, 181 and 471/2 were the only ones I could think of. I think mersyetravel should follow suit with the 16/16A/17. After all, there’s a healthy 10 minute layover at Moreton.

Nice to see some positive chances for once, not a reduction in frequency or withdrawals (bar the N1!)

I don't get that, if 413 & 423 are being diverted to serve Arrowe Park Hospital grounds why not the 414 as well, seems bizarre the 414 will go direct down Arrowe Park Road when that's the same route as 413 Woodside to Liscard, plus that'll annoy those getting the 413/414 at Arrowe Park Hospital.

Oh, i think the 17 would be better doing a circuit around the Sandbrook then becoming the 16, rather than the 22, 17 is quite reliable plus the 10 minute wait at Moreton, 22 can often be late.
(16/03/2019 20:14)MTL0201 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get that, if 413 & 423 are being diverted to serve Arrowe Park Hospital grounds why not the 414 as well, seems bizarre the 414 will go direct down Arrowe Park Road when that's the same route as 413 Woodside to Liscard, plus that'll annoy those getting the 413/414 at Arrowe Park Hospital.

Oh, i think the 17 would be better doing a circuit around the Sandbrook then becoming the 16, rather than the 22, 17 is quite reliable plus the 10 minute wait at Moreton, 22 can often be late.

I think the 414 will too, it’s just in a separate timetable and hasn’t been released yet. Otherwise that would be very bizarre!

And yeah I’ve heard about reliability problems with the 22. The 17 would be a better bus to have go through the Sandbrook than the 22 I reckon.

How much would it cost Merseytravel to divert the 38 through the Sandbroik instead? It goes there in the evenings anyway, and follows the same route with the old 18 between Moreton Cross and Birkenhead. It would be great for residents on the Sandbrook. As it’s such a small diversion, I can’t imagine the cost would be particularly high. Plus st the moment, passengers on the Sandbrook wanting to go to West Kirby have to stand on opposite sides of the road depending if you’re travelling in the day or in the evening, as the 22 goes through the Sandbrook as if it is travelling towards Birkenhead.
(16/03/2019 18:15)mrd97 Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve thought for a while the 411 should be a 20 minute frequency. Does this mean the 409 will increase to 20 mins in the week too? As I thought the idea behind rerouting the 411 was to maintain a 15 minute frequency between Seacombe - Woodside - Birkenhead Bus Station - Seacombe. A 20 min 409 would see a combined 10 minute service on this section of route in the week

All the routes listed to change are ones which have been officially registered to change and then when the timetable comes out, I have updated the description of the change. Therefore based on that, the 409 is not registered to change but could change under short notice.

(16/03/2019 20:14)MTL0201 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, i think the 17 would be better doing a circuit around the Sandbrook then becoming the 16, rather than the 22, 17 is quite reliable plus the 10 minute wait at Moreton, 22 can often be late.

(17/03/2019 03:13)mrd97 Wrote: [ -> ]And yeah I’ve heard about reliability problems with the 22. The 17 would be a better bus to have go through the Sandbrook than the 22 I reckon.

How much would it cost Merseytravel to divert the 38 through the Sandbroik instead? It goes there in the evenings anyway, and follows the same route with the old 18 between Moreton Cross and Birkenhead. It would be great for residents on the Sandbrook. As it’s such a small diversion, I can’t imagine the cost would be particularly high. Plus st the moment, passengers on the Sandbrook wanting to go to West Kirby have to stand on opposite sides of the road depending if you’re travelling in the day or in the evening, as the 22 goes through the Sandbrook as if it is travelling towards Birkenhead.
I think the thing is with Sandbrook, it was a case of which service has enough time and is in the area. When the Sandbrook thing was implemented, the 22 was the only route to fit the bill. Given the current way of working though, I do think the 16/17 might be the better route to divert. The 22 is far too long (at 2h end to end). At least the 16/17 is only around an hour to an hour and a half end to end. I think they provide much better journey opportunities as well.

I think the cost of diverting the 38 would be too high given the the faster link between Moreton and Birkenhead would likely be preferred so I think they could lose some passengers off that. I do think the 38 should divert but it would be costly wish some lost passengers I think. Personally, I would throw 2 extra buses on the 38 and run it as a 38A (renumber the evening buses) which is the old 18 route just renumbered. Solve the overcrowding issue (to an extent), give Sandbrook it's regular bus back to Birkenhead. Everyone's a winner.
The problem with diverting the 38 is the buses 80 and 82 that they connect into at West Kirby would also need looking at , so maybe no so simple to do.
Reference URL's