Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09/03/2018 12:27)mikestone Wrote: [ -> ]Reportedly ASLEF have stopped this on grounds of loss of work for Northern drivers.

Incorrect it is going ahead
Monday 26th March strike is timed to coincide with the reopening of the railway between Preston and Blackpool North.
(10/03/2018 12:11)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]Monday 26th March strike is timed to coincide with the reopening of the railway between Preston and Blackpool North.

Also start of school Easter holidays for many. The Thursday strike will be the last working day before Easter for many.
A 10.41 Manchester-Chester, all stations from Stockport, has appeared in RTT from May, so it appears the first casualty of the electrification delay is the Manchester-Greenbank service.
(10/03/2018 12:58)mikestone Wrote: [ -> ]A 10.41 Manchester-Chester, all stations from Stockport, has appeared in RTT from May, so it appears the first casualty of the electrification delay is the Manchester-Greenbank service.

I noticed that as well but I'm not reading too much in to it as the xx:41 services appearing previously were semi-fasts to Greenbank (there some strong objections from MCRUA to some stations losing direct Chester services) and the initial request for paths for an xx:09 all-stops to Chester didn't get approved. However, changing the Chester to the xx:41 path could also be to reduce the number of diagrams required as the previous plan was for diagrams to run a return Chester working followed by a return Greenbank working.
Does anybody know if what’s happened in Page Moss has affected Lime st-St Helens/Earlestown services? Trains are delayed or cancelled and can’t find anything on the Echo other than Page Moss incident

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...s-14378671
Believe someones been hit by a train at Roby as well
(10/03/2018 13:18)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Believe someones been hit by a train at Roby as well

Yes I was told by a member of staff at Lime St that the was a fatality on the line but not told specifically which line(s) it was affecting. Fortunately the Preston-Sth Prkwy service ran but that was your lot when I looked earlier. Now a normal service is more or less running with the exception of Lime St- Warrington BQ and some Lime St- Oxford Road which are cancelled. I've since found the incident was between Lime St and Earlestown. My mind boggles be as to why St Helens had a limited service for such a long time.
Something happening around Broad Green now

Northerns Twitter - *NEW: Due to disruptive passengers between #LiverpoolLimeStreet and #BroadGreen, the line is blocked*
Reference URL's