Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(26/06/2019 17:41)ant17612 Wrote: [ -> ]Diagram 5
1F91 06:50 Manchester Airport - Liverpool Lime Street
1H43 08:16 Liverpool Lime Street - Manchester Airport
1F94 09:49 Manchester Airport - Liverpool Lime Street
1H46 11:16 Liverpool Lime Street - Manchester Airport
1F97 12:50 Manchester Airport - Liverpool Lime Street
1H49 14:16 Liverpool Lime Street - Manchester Airport
1F90 15:50 Manchester Airport - Liverpool Lime Street
1H42 17:15 Liverpool Lime Street - Manchester Airport
1F93 18:50 Manchester Airport - Liverpool Lime Street
1H45 20:16 Liverpool Lime Street - Manchester Airport
1F96 21:43 Manchester Airport - Liverpool Lime Street

Sadly Diagram 5 was worked by 156461
(27/06/2019 11:37)Raawwwrrr! Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly Diagram 5 was worked by 156461

Diagrams only apply from Mon 1st July.
Judging from journey check they are now managing to shortform only five turns, so it will be interesting to see if they finally manage to run a fully formed service next week.
Diagram 5 should start at Lime Street at 0517.
(23/06/2019 19:31)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Rail replacement bus gets lost and scrapes a Jaguar not parked properly in a parking bay https://mobile.twitter.com/CllrAMalloy/s...4844364800

Don't know who it belongs to but it got put on at short notice due to Northern cancelling services due to staffing issues.

The police have fined the Jaguar driver £30 for blocking the road.
331s reported to be entering traffic on Leeds-Doncaster on Monday too.
(28/06/2019 18:08)mikestone Wrote: [ -> ]331s reported to be entering traffic on Leeds-Doncaster on Monday too.

Yes. Northern have told TfN 9 x new trains will enter revenue earning service on Monday - 7 of those are 195s, as stated already. The other 2 will be 331s on the Leeds-Doncaster route.

Given what Windermere loadings were like last weekend and what the weather is going to be like tomorrow it's a pity they aren't going to put a couple of 195s in to service tomorrow to help with capacity.
I notice that there are no regular trains from Blackpool North to Manchester Victoria, as most if not all Blackpool trains serve Piccadilly. I wonder whether the Preston - Manchester Victoria shuttles are diesel or electric? Even if diesel, maybe they will eventually be electric once the new 331s and, if applicable, 323s from the West Midlands, reach Northern.
(29/06/2019 09:49)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]I notice that there are no regular trains from Blackpool North to Manchester Victoria, as most if not all Blackpool trains serve Piccadilly. I wonder whether the Preston - Manchester Victoria shuttles are diesel or electric? Even if diesel, maybe they will eventually be electric once the new 331s and, if applicable, 323s from the West Midlands, reach Northern.

They are timed to be operated by 319s. The plan from Dec 2017 was 2tph from Blackpool North to Piccadilly and no direct Victoria services - it was originally going to be a Blackpool North to Macclesfield service but Northern couldn't get paths for extra Macclesfield services so they reinstated through services to Hazel Grove instead. I think the plan was for a through Preston-Victoria-Stalybridge service using 319s but Stalybridge needs wires first!

The services on the Bolton corridor are a bit of a mess at the moment. I was surprised last week when I caught a Blackpool to Manchester Airport service (the 16:53 SO one) that it stopped at all stations between Preston and Bolton when that particular service is supposed to be a semi-fast.
(29/06/2019 10:07)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]They are timed to be operated by 319s. The plan from Dec 2017 was 2tph from Blackpool North to Piccadilly and no direct Victoria services - it was originally going to be a Blackpool North to Macclesfield service but Northern couldn't get paths for extra Macclesfield services so they reinstated through services to Hazel Grove instead. I think the plan was for a through Preston-Victoria-Stalybridge service using 319s but Stalybridge needs wires first!

The services on the Bolton corridor are a bit of a mess at the moment. I was surprised last week when I caught a Blackpool to Manchester Airport service (the 16:53 SO one) that it stopped at all stations between Preston and Bolton when that particular service is supposed to be a semi-fast.

Thank you for letting me know. At least the recently electrified line into Manchester Victoria does have 1 regular electric service. I admit I tend to see more 319s than 323s these days.
Reference URL's