Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Northern's Twitter team has said it'll be 4-5 weeks from now before the full new timetable is available, which in other words also means 4-5 weeks before the new timetable starts!
(06/03/2019 20:16)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Northern's Twitter team has said it'll be 4-5 weeks from now before the full new timetable is available, which in other words also means 4-5 weeks before the new timetable starts!

I hope that the new May 2019 timetable will not be a disaster.
(06/03/2019 21:19)boby32 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope that the new May 2019 timetable will not be a disaster.

Have they not learnt anything from last time around about setting a timetable that is workable
No, for the simple reason the timetables promised in the re-franchising are unworkable without additional infrastructure at Piccadilly.
(08/03/2019 08:03)mikestone Wrote: [ -> ]No, for the simple reason the timetables promised in the re-franchising are unworkable without additional infrastructure at Piccadilly.

One of the biggest issues is the North TPE changes have been done, which obviously means it's harder to path Northern services through Deansgate, Piccadilly 13/14 and Victoria, as well as replacing the all-stops Airport shuttle with extra calls on other services going to the Airport. Those changes combined were supposed to free up paths for additional services to Greenbank, New Mills Newton and Macclesfield, as well as creating a path for an additional Airport service. The latter requires an additional service to go through Deansgate & Piccadilly 13/14 (from Bradford) so is a bit of an issue. However, only one of the other 3 have been achieved (New Mills Newton which Northern are running as a second Buxton service) so at the moment there's a mess one side of Manchester and a lack of the promised additional services the other side so it's the worst of both worlds.
12 x 4 car 331s originally intended for North West services to initially go to Yorkshire due to platform extensions to allow 6 car trains not being ready in time. North West will initially get 18 x 3 car 331s in lieu.
(09/03/2019 11:40)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]North West will initially get 18 x 3 car 331s in lieu.

AFAIK Neville Hill will receive 16 3-car units (once the platforms are ready) with the other 15 going to Allerton
(09/03/2019 11:40)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]12 x 4 car 331s originally intended for North West services to initially go to Yorkshire due to platform extensions to allow 6 car trains not being ready in time. North West will initially get 18 x 3 car 331s in lieu.

The class 331/0 (3-car) will do, I think, the Manchester Airport-Blackpool North service.
On Saturdays and Sundays, we could probably have 6 cars for this service.
At long last, we have a Northern timetable in RTT.

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/a...wtt&toc=NT
Some interesting trips here. I know it is part of the minimum services but the Ellesmere Port gets its through service to Manchester.
Reference URL's