Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Northern on the cancellation fiddle again - Manchester Vic-Blackpool service cancelled under STP and no mention on journey check. Do GMCA and/or TfN pick these up?
;
Northern Fail app doesn't pick these up either.
;
Has anyone found a new website for the GMCA Metrolink and Rail Network Subcommittee, or has it been abolished?
Also not good that they are cancelling Mid-Cheshire services due to staffing issues on a day when there's no trains running between Chester and Manchester on the Warrington line, the RHS Tatton Show is on and there's cricket being played at Old Trafford.
Think I read on another forum that the temporary agreement between Northern and ASLEF regarding Sunday working expires today which if correct, this amount of cancellations will again become a regular occurance on Sundays.
Seems the unions are determined to undermine the Northern franchise at every turn now.

If this franchise was to be handed back I'm sure there TfN would struggle to find an operator for this franchise following the pensions problems at other franchises namely East Midlands and South Eastern.
175102/16/18 were operating on the LIV-MIA service today.
(23/07/2019 18:12)childwallblues Wrote: [ -> ]175102/16/18 were operating on the LIV-MIA service today.

Presume you mean 195 not 175
I travelled on the six-car 15.16 from Lime Street from Warrington yesterday, the last door was on the "emergency" part of the platform and wasn't released as you might expect. It was delayed because they could get the door to the
ramp cupboard open and had to go and get the one off the platform. None of the screens or reservation indicators were working as having seen that they normally have coaches A,B and D, presumably for consistency with a four car 331, I was hoping to see how a second set was labelled.
;
Approaching Oxford Road the "this door not in use" light was on on all the doors in the last coach and the ticket examiner seemed completely unaware that it would in fact fit comfortably.
Crew training on 195s is proceeding well. Even for today's Saturday service the 18.16 from Liverpool to Manchester Airport was a 195.

I was a little disappointed as I booked TPE Advance singles to/from Liverpool, blissfully unaware of how soon the 195s would enter service. I did consider buying an additional ticket to ride this, instead of the 18.25 TPE train to Manchester Victoria. However, I quickly decided I was content to wait until I next go to Warrington.
(27/07/2019 19:51)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]Crew training on 195s is proceeding well. Even for today's Saturday service the 18.16 from Liverpool to Manchester Airport was a 195.

I was a little disappointed as I booked TPE Advance singles to/from Liverpool, blissfully unaware of how soon the 195s would enter service. I did consider buying an additional ticket to ride this, instead of the 18.25 TPE train to Manchester Victoria. However, I quickly decided I was content to wait until I next go to Warrington.

Until 1500,the 1816 service you quoted was a 156,it only became a 195 after 195118 that had failed was repaired successfully
Reference URL's