Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fair enough. My understanding was that Northern were only painting trains into their new livery upon refurbishment. Unlike TPE painting their vehicles first then commencing refurbishments.
(05/08/2017 14:25)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]The 15:34 ex-Sheffield is supposed to arrive at platform 1 followed by the 15:38 ex-Glossop service. It looks like yesterday the ex-Sheffield arrived at 15:38 so presumably got initially wrongly reported as being the ex-Glossop service arriving with the ex-Glossop being recorded as the late running ex-Sheffield service, so when the Glossop service went out it must have reported it as being the Sheffield service leaving early until it was corrected.

Probably when the train got first reported by TRUST did it correct itself
I understand that 319382 returned from Wolverton today, presumably in the new livery.
(05/08/2017 14:27)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps the question to ask is with so many 319s off-lease with no future home confirmed, will it be more cost effective to repair the damaged carriage or replace it with a stored carriage?

That would get it back into traffic quicker. The replacement car would at least need the door control mods. No doubt all will come clear in time.

SD.
(05/08/2017 18:29)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Northern's Twitter feed has been promoting 10 of their trains have so far been refurbished but those are all Sprinters.

All of the 319's in the full new livery, i.e. those with the blue bits and logos, have been refurbished with the exception of seat covers which apparently be done in October.

SD.
Some of the 319s had PIS and a new toilet fitted while they were being used with their previous operator.

The refurbishment is supposed to include replacing the cushions, not just the covers and all units are supposed to get energy efficient LED lighting and wifi which I don't think even the 'refurbished' Sprinters have.
Engineering work today between Liverpool & Wigan and Liverpool & Manchester via Chat Moss - there has been no advance warning or notices about this anywhere which isn't good!
(06/08/2017 09:25)St Helens Rider Wrote: [ -> ]Engineering work today between Liverpool & Wigan and Liverpool & Manchester via Chat Moss - there has been no advance warning or notices about this anywhere which isn't good!

ATW services operating as normal between Warrington Bank Quay and Piccadilly.
(06/08/2017 09:48)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]ATW services operating as normal between Warrington Bank Quay and Piccadilly.

Which begs the question why is Northern running a replacement bus east of Earlestown.
If they are running east of Earlestown where are the rail replacement buses ultimately going ?
Reference URL's