Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(13/09/2017 13:38)boby32 Wrote: [ -> ]Just to remind everyone that the new timetable starting from 10/12/2017 is available on RTT.

There could still be some revisions between now and the timetable going live.
Northern and DfT haven't said much in response to the strike action - until now

Northern Wrote:Northern has embarked on a programme to modernise its services that will help make the North a better place to live, work and visit. By 2020 Northern is committed to:

Delivering better journeys with new and upgraded trains and improved station facilities
Improved customer service, with more people to help you on your journey than ever before
Keeping you safe and secure, with more visible staff on trains and stations – day and night
Our plans include 98 new trains, 243 upgraded trains and the recruitment of more people from across our business. Our new trains are now in production, the first ten of our upgraded trains are already out on the network and over 450 new people have joined the Northern team.

To bring our improvements to life, we are proposing some changes to the conductor role to give you a better service. We are clear there will be no job or pay cuts as a result of our proposed changes, however the RMT has entered into dispute with Northern, which has resulted in several days of strike action, so far, in 2017.

https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/industrial-action

Chris Grayling Wrote:These rail companies have given guarantees to guards that they will not lose their jobs or any pay.

On top of that, they want to work with staff to implement changes that will deliver the improvements passengers want.

Although modern trains can be operated by a single person, the union maintain that in no circumstances should a train leave the station without a member of the RMT on board.

Despite a second person being rostered on many of the services, and more people than ever before working on the railway, they are seeking to turn the clock back on thirty years of modernisation.

I cannot condone the actions of a trade union that is holding passengers to ransom in this way.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4519549/ch...n-strikes/
319370 in service for the first time since joining ARN today
(23/09/2017 14:35)Gordon V Wrote: [ -> ]319370 in service for the first time since joining ARN today

I'm pretty sure was in service a couple of weeks ago on 6th September and failed at Roby on the 13:20 Lime Street - Manchester Vic. I was stuck behind it going to St Helens Central... Angry
(24/09/2017 00:30)jtd508110 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure was in service a couple of weeks ago on 6th September and failed at Roby on the 13:20 Lime Street - Manchester Vic. I was stuck behind it going to St Helens Central... Angry

You're correct,I stand corrected,yesterday was the first day out since then
The 319's are slowly getting there feet now , probably refurbishment and a time bedding into OHLE up here compared to the London area has helped.
Its a shame the 319/4 will lose its first class seats, I think they are the best seats on a Train by far.
(24/09/2017 07:56)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Its a shame the 319/4 will lose its first class seats, I think they are the best seats on a Train by far.

Where are the replacement seats coming from? Will they be seats from 319s/150s that have had accessibility modifications and seats removed in the process?
A Northern unit came to bother last night (24/09) in the Cherry Tree/Mill Hill area following a fire. Not sure of exact details of what caused the fire but a friend of mine was travelling on the service bound for Colne and text me informing me of what had gone on. I went out to go and pick him up and by time the I got there there didn't appear to be serious damage. The unit was a 150/1 (I couldn't be certain of the unit no but it appeared to be 150136).

It has not been a good few months for Northern's units getting a bit toasty. Hope the crew are commended for their work as my friend said that they were excellent.
Reference URL's