Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(13/02/2018 09:51)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]There's loads of services missing at the moment, only those with approved paths appear and even then they are subject to change. If you believe what it says currently stations between Greenbank and Chester will have no off-peak services!

I suspect something along the lines of Manchester-Chester being tied up with Blackpool-Manchester, so that the Manchester-Macclesfield part of the proposed Blackpool-Macclesfield can be emu as planned.
(13/02/2018 09:51)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]There's loads of services missing at the moment, only those with approved paths appear and even then they are subject to change. If you believe what it says currently stations between Greenbank and Chester will have no off-peak services!

I did wonder if it was somewhat off finalising, as i also noted morning trains are considerably retimed.
Just run the Blackpool - Macclesfield via Chat Moss and the diesel Manchester Airport - Barrow/Windermere via Bolton, then when wires are completed through Bolton, go back to original plan or are things not as simple as that.
(13/02/2018 15:55)St Helens Rider Wrote: [ -> ]Just run the Blackpool - Macclesfield via Chat Moss and the diesel Manchester Airport - Barrow/Windermere via Bolton, then when wires are completed through Bolton, go back to original plan or are things not as simple as that.

The planners have to find suitable paths. For instance, Northern have a path for Manchester Airport to Preston via Wigan and TPE have a path for Manchester Airport to Preston via Bolton but TPE also have a path for Preston-Edinburgh/Glasgow which won't work if they just swap Manchester Airport to Preston paths with Northern.
(13/02/2018 15:28)mikestone Wrote: [ -> ]I suspect something along the lines of Manchester-Chester being tied up with Blackpool-Manchester, so that the Manchester-Macclesfield part of the proposed Blackpool-Macclesfield can be emu as planned.

There's all sorts of rumours circulating - one is Manchester Airport to Blackpool will go via Wigan, another is Preston-York will be retimed and will start/terminate at Preston so an EMU shuttle can run Blackpool-Preston, another is the proposed Alderley Edge to Wigan via Bolton will be split at Oxford Road (due to 769s not being ready in time.) If the Blackpool/Preston via Bolton were to continue on to the Mid-Cheshire line I think it would make more sense for them to terminate at Greenbank and to run alongside the Manchester-Chester service, as Blackpool-Stockport-Chester would be a very long service so punctuality might be an issue, especially if it were to run through Delamere during leaf fall season.
Some of the missing Chester CLC services were showing as Stockport starts and finishes initially but have since disappeared from RTT.
(12/02/2018 15:10)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]150101 was noted on the 14:27 Liverpool - Manchester Oxford Road

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__7e4Q4pfKA
RMT members are striking on 3rd March.
Here's a video of 150123 and 150110 doing a service between Liverpool Lime Street and Manchester Victoria. Normally, this is booked as 319.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZl9Pii1_nQ
319363 and 319448 have returned from Wolverton

https://www.flickr.com/photos/northampto...319435861/
Photo credit: Nigel Gould
Reference URL's