Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reduced Blackpool service now extended to 25th May.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_di...88573.aspx
(20/05/2018 09:45)boby32 Wrote: [ -> ]Reduced Blackpool service now extended to 25th May.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_di...88573.aspx

Looks like Manchester Airport to Blackpool via Wigan, Manchester Piccadilly to Blackpool and Liverpool to Blackpool services are running but the proposed EMU shuttle (replacing the Blackpool-Preston part of the Blackpool-Yorkshire service) is replaced by buses.
319446 was noted on Allerton Depot yesterday morning. Looks like this is one of the three extra units.
As expected Northern services are a mess today with cancellations and delays left, right and centre. It also seems there's delays and cancellations which they aren't bothering to list on their Journey Check site!
Sure are. The shuttle is just about all that is running, although the 1232 ex Blackpool has just ground to a halt short of Kirkham.
I checked the 11.20 was a runner on journey check, only to get to the station to find the next train was the 12.01. As the inwards from Picc was cape clearly it never was a runner. The 12.01 was showing delayed when I got back, although the inward unit had already gone to the PCD, and eventually just disappeared.
Earlier at Wigan it seemed only to come to light there was no driver for the 08.08 to Stalybridge at departure time, and a 30 minute delay and right away Manchester.. When I got back after a few bus phots the 08.50 arrival was just being coupled to it and it had regained a Bolton stop
Something has to be done. According to the Northern Fail app (linked to journey check) there is already 99 cancellations today. This compares with 78 yesterday and 117 last Friday.
Arriving at Preston the 13.06 and 13.25 both shown running RT, although the former cape on RTT.

Alledged control are swamped - so where are all the managers who will be only too happy to play at being guards on Thursday who could at least do data entry.
I know its not Northern's fault but all signage on the platforms is attached with cable ties - I would have thought the OLE warnings at least would be required to have proper fastenings.
This is fast turning into the MD of Northern appearing before the TSC just like the MD of TSGN had to during the chaotic london Bridge debacle or is the North not of interest to the TSC , if doesnt happen then the TSC will be clearly London centric.
The chair of the TSC is a Liverpool MP so I very much doubt she will ignore what Northern do or don't do
(21/05/2018 19:38)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]The chair of the TSC is a Liverpool MP so I very much doubt she will ignore what Northern do or don't do

Louise Elleman
Reference URL's