Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Avon Buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It was my understanding that Avon returned some bus routes to reduce their licensed operator numbers, prior to being called to an investigation by the traffic commissioner due their poor performance last year.
Most probably trying to shift the blame so they don't get the back lash off passengers and merseytravel will get it instead.
Are Avon’s enviro’s on lease? I wonder if they will give them back once 135/204etc. are withdrawn
(11/04/2018 16:40)busdude Wrote: [ -> ]Are Avon’s enviro’s on lease? I wonder if they will give them back once 135/204etc. are withdrawn
Enviros MX12CFE and MX12CFJ were on lease when they were new to Ace Travel. Not sure if they still are on lease. MX12CFE was one of a few Ace Travel Enviro 200s to go to Manchester community transport after Ace went under then to Avon.
The ex A2B ones where on lease with them as well
More than likely the oldest buses such as 187, 151 and the Caetanos will be up for the chop before the Enviros.
Avon suffering from driver shortages again

Avon 18 service. - The following trips will not operate due to driver shortage 16:48 Moreton and 17:24 Birkenhead.
Avon 202 service. - The following trips will not operate due to driver shortage 16:43, 18:43 and 20:10 Dingle mount.
Avon 83 service - The following trip will not operate due to driver shortage 21:40 from Liverpool
Avon 204 service - The following trips will not operate due to driver shortage 17:35, 19:30 and 20:52 from Broadgreen Hospital.
Avon 125 service - The following trip will not operate due to driver shortage 18:12 from Harrison drive.
(21/04/2018 12:25)MTL0201 Wrote: [ -> ]Avon suffering from driver shortages again

Avon 18 service. - The following trips will not operate due to driver shortage 16:48 Moreton and 17:24 Birkenhead.
Avon 202 service. - The following trips will not operate due to driver shortage 16:43, 18:43 and 20:10 Dingle mount.
Avon 83 service - The following trip will not operate due to driver shortage 21:40 from Liverpool
Avon 204 service - The following trips will not operate due to driver shortage 17:35, 19:30 and 20:52 from Broadgreen Hospital.
Avon 125 service - The following trip will not operate due to driver shortage 18:12 from Harrison drive.
I have a bad feeling that Avon are gonna end up in deep water over these driver shortages.
A lot of their routes finish today though so they may be okay for drivers next week - perhaps some just left early?
I applied fo a job with them once but I kept getting fobbed off with the excuse of not being employable by them because I didn't have 3 years driving a bus, I have 2 years.

In the end I got fed up with their stupid excuses and thought **** them off.

I have been informed before now that they have recruited drivers who have only just passed their tests so therefore have no in service experience but then I later got told that with these its not what you know, its who you know that dictates whether you get in or not which frankly is a load of bs and in my opinion should not be the case.
Reference URL's