Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Avon Buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I must admit compared to Arriva and Stagecoach, Avon buses are absolutely filthy looking.
In a way if there downsizing there operation and that was the last day , its not Avons fault if the drivers resign to move elsewhere where they can find a job , it would be Avon's responsibilty to manage the situation , so no route suffers too badly though.
(22/04/2018 07:28)ls1911 Wrote: [ -> ]I must admit compared to Arriva and Stagecoach, Avon buses are absolutely filthy looking.

Whats more concerning is they send them for m.o.t in the same condition as ive seen them go with half the side of a bus all dented and scraped which looked appalling.
(22/04/2018 08:21)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]Whats more concerning is they send them for m.o.t in the same condition as ive seen them go with half the side of a bus all dented and scraped which looked appalling.

It's sad to say that most of Avon's fleet are in such a dilapidated state that you could be forgiven for thinking that you were back in the late 1980's when this was typical of most small operators before they ceased trading.
(22/04/2018 10:32)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]It's sad to say that most of Avon's fleet are in such a dilapidated state that you could be forgiven for thinking that you were back in the late 1980's when this was typical of most small operators before they ceased trading.

It's a common problem with independent operators with diminished income.
HTL and Cumfybus used to be no better.
(22/04/2018 08:21)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]Whats more concerning is they send them for m.o.t in the same condition as ive seen them go with half the side of a bus all dented and scraped which looked appalling.

I don’t think the livery helps either
With a lot of Avons routes being transferred to other operators from today will any buses in the fleet be withdrawn with less PVR requirements needed?
Should be older stuff like 187 that was withdrawn last year but reinstated in Dec.
(22/04/2018 13:40)Raawwwrrr! Wrote: [ -> ]It's a common problem with independent operators with diminished income.
HTL and Cumfybus used to be no better.

That may well be true but, according to the most recent fleet list available, more than half of HTL's fleet is less than seven years old and were bought new or nearly new. Avon's fleet is ancient in comparison.
(22/04/2018 15:44)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]That may well be true but, according to the most recent fleet list available, more than half of HTL's fleet is less than seven years old and were bought new or nearly new. Avon's fleet is ancient in comparison.

I’m guessing Avon own all their fleet given their newest buses are 12 plates?
Reference URL's