Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Avon Buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05/10/2018 11:43)M113 YKC Wrote: [ -> ]Arriva have been running a 122 this morning. Seems like a strange choice to leave the 144 unserved considering the 122 is largely covered by the 63.

I suppose part of it will be what buses they have available and also if drivers know the other routes. If the available buses are too big for the you might as well put them on any route which you can. It puts you in a good light stepping in when another company goes under.
You can get a full sized bus around the 144, Avon had used their bigger MCVs on occasion. The only real issue is Field Lane but that is an issue in any sized bus, if HTL would have had the buses available they'd have probably been interested in the 144 themselves.
The sale of the buses to Halton was a sign all was not well
Personally I feel sorry for mainly the drivers who after the well documented troubles of last year and having to face public anger over missing services now have to face the grim reality that they no longer have a job hopefully they will find alternative employment. As for who runs what and what routes will survive it will be interesting few days especially as there are fewer operators around than there were when Avon started.
(05/10/2018 12:38)CKC 312L Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I feel sorry for mainly the drivers who after the well documented troubles of last year and having to face public anger over missing services now have to face the grim reality that they no longer have a job hopefully they will find alternative employment. As for who runs what and what routes will survive it will be interesting few days especially as there are fewer operators around than there were when Avon started.

This is of course very worrying for the staff who are now without employment. On another thread, several posts have suggested that Stagecoach Chester depot are short of drivers so I suppose it's not beyond the realms of possibility that ex-Avon drivers will soon be driving the 22 (Chester-Moreton) service again.
Stagecoach tweeted earlier they are looking for PCV drivers, using the hashtags #Wirral #Birkenhead #Chester (and a phone number), presumably aimed at those who worked for Avon
(05/10/2018 13:18)b2311e Wrote: [ -> ]Stagecoach tweeted earlier they are looking for PCV drivers, using the hashtags #Wirral #Birkenhead #Chester (and a phone number), presumably aimed at those who worked for Avon

One anitree driver was.telling me that Stagecoach and ARRIVA were down at Avon yard looking for.drivers.
Halton are looking for drivers also so I'm sure the drivers won't be out of a job ..there's a mass shortage at the moment ..and you will have drivers that won't work for the big two in liverpool
Does anybody have a list of routes which were operated by Avon please?
(05/10/2018 18:19)Y474 KNF Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody have a list of routes which were operated by Avon please?

10 Liscard - New Brighton
10A Arrowe Park Hospital - New Brighton
16 Clatterbridge Hospital - Moreton (Monday To Friday Daytime)
16A Clatrerbrige Hospital - Moreton (Monday To Friday Daytime)
17 Clatterbridge Hospital - Moreton (Monday To Friday Daytime)
17A Clatterbridge Hospital - Moreton (Monday To Friday Daytime)
17S Moreton - Wirral Grammar School
18 Birkenhead - Town Meadow
22 Moreton - Chester
X22 West Kirby - Chester
77 Heswall - Birkenhead
77A Heswall - Wirral Grammar School - Birkenhead
80 West Kirby - Newton Circular
82 West Kirby - Caldy Circular
83A West Kirby - Arrowe Park Hospital Or Birkenhead
84 Heswall - Raby Mere
85 Heswall - Eastham Ferry
88 West Kirby - Heswall
88A West Kirby - Heswall
91 Birkenhead - Prenton Circular
107 Town Meadow - New Brighton
122 Crosby - Aintree University Hospital
124 Woodside - Harrison Drive (New Brighton)
125 Woodside - Harrison Drive (New Brighton)
144 Bootle - Netherton (Monday To Saturday Daytime)
164 New Ferry - Woodside
207 Woodside - New Brighton
208 New Brighton - Woodside
492 Woodside - Beechwood - Arrowe Park Hospital (Evenings/Sunday Daytime)
495 Woodside - Noctorum - Arrowe Park Hospital (Evenings/Sunday Daytime)
628 Moreton Cross - Hilbre High School (Morning Journeys)
C5 Dingle - Royal Liverpool Hospital
Reference URL's