Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Avon Buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday morning about 11.30am one of Darts East Lancs Spryte towed away to scrapped with green trunk on M56 east bound.
That was X822XCK, two more to follow in next couple of days
I'm surprised the 91/92 service hasn't been re-routed via Oxton - Balls Road instead of Borough road. It carries fresh air along the route by the Library. I'm not one to advocate change for change sake but this route needs review.
Have you ever tried to travel up and down Oxton Road though this road certainly needs a bit of traffic management to keep the road flowing with the amount of parked vehicles (cars and lorries unloading) seriously narrowing the road up.

A lot of Avon services are very tightly timed and Oxton Road is a definite pinch point on any route that uses that road.
(22/01/2018 21:19)WAITING FOR THE 437 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm surprised the 91/92 service hasn't been re-routed via Oxton - Balls Road instead of Borough road. It carries fresh air along the route by the Library. I'm not one to advocate change for change sake but this route needs review.

Tbh it does not do much anywhere on the route always seems quiet but its just to provide a bus for people down Bidston Road
(23/01/2018 16:23)E208 WBG Wrote: [ -> ]Tbh it does not do much anywhere on the route always seems quiet but its just to provide a bus for people down Bidston Road

Most of Avon's work is marginal to say the least , a lot of there work is on routes that were Merseytravel work at one time .
Hello, I’m new to this thread.

I must admit since the network review I am disappointed with the state of Avon’s services. The 10/10A provided a half hourly service to and from Arrowe Park Monday - Saturday, and is now reduced to an hourly weekday service. Noctorum is now without any bus to Arrowe Park hospital except during the evenings and Sundays, and Dudley Road/Mount Road in Wallasey now has no bus on Saturday daytimes. Every time I’ve driven past the 91/2 it has always been dead. Park Road North and borough road are served by many commercial services, perhaps it should be rerouted via Oxton road (as mentioned above) and via Claughton Village on the other end of the route. Furthermore, Caldy and Newton Village have lost a Saturday service, and the elderly population of Raby and Thornton Hough have no direct connection to and from Heswall.
(23/01/2018 16:38)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]Most of Avon's work is marginal to say the least , a lot of there work is on routes that were Merseytravel work at one time .
Taking Mtravel work and breaking even rather than making money seems to be Avons way of getting away with things. Obviously you could use older buses, charge what you want, don't get penalties for not running (unless it becomes constant and a TC issue). They are basically free to do what they want in some ways. It is smart but can have bad effect as things are funded for a reason so if there were a slight drop, it would become unviable.
Credit to Merseytravel Site

Avon 164/165
Due to incident in Hartsbourne ave area, 164/165 service is currently withdrawn.
112 has a full back-end advert for Specsavers on Thingwall Road.
Reference URL's