Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: D&G Bus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Knutsford Academy finished at 1pm today but it seems D&G weren't prepared. Despite them putting one of the large Enviros on the Macclesfield runs instead of Northwich runs, it meant a packed 35 left Knutsford bus station on the 13:35 Knutsford to Altrincham, with 36 having operated the morning 188. While 33 was driven round to Knutsford Academy after the 13:45 Altrincham to Knutsford service, only to be driven back to the bus station again.
44 has taken over from 35 on 88/89 runs. It's just left Knutsford on the 12:30 to Altrincham.
44 was on the 130 today, while 115 was on the 88. 58 also on the 88.
3 Streetlites on the 88/89/188 today. 55 has joined 58 in taking the place of a large Enviro, while 155 has taken the place of a small Enviro.
107 is running the Handforth Dean shuttle today.

25 is showing as tracking on early 88 journeys but it's showing as it still being in Altrincham at 09:00 for the 08:45 journey to Macclesfield. Then 32 is showing as picking up the 10:45 Macclesfield to Altrincham journey from Knutsford. There's definitely a big Enviro on that journey now as I've just seen it. If they sent 25 up from Crewe yesterday or this morning and it failed straight away, then it doesn't look good.

Also looks like 41 failed yesterday. It only went on to the 88 to take the place of 58 after the 188 school run. It didn't even manage a return trip from Knutsford to Altrincham!
57 and 141 on the 88/89/188 today. I think there's also an Enviro tracking as a Streetlite WF.
A strange quirk of Google Streetview means if you move around the A50 in Knutsford at the junctions of Bexton Road and Princess Street, not only do you get 3 Enviros but one of them changes it number between shots - showing the 188, nothing and the 89.
Two of the ex-Bus Vannin Streetlite DFs are becoming a regular occurrence on the 88/89. I have noticed that they don't have plastic Perspex around the cab area that most buses have, possibly because of the low risk of anti-social behaviour on the Isle of the Man. I wonder if that might affect the operator's decision about where to use them? I've also observed they have an internal destination display.
(11/02/2023 12:01)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Two of the ex-Bus Vannin Streetlite DFs are becoming a regular occurrence on the 88/89. I have noticed that they don't have plastic Perspex around the cab area that most buses have, possibly because of the low risk of anti-social behaviour on the Isle of the Man. I wonder if that might affect the operator's decision about where to use them? I've also observed they have an internal destination display.

Errrr I can tell ya exactly why the assault screens got removed, I've got a best mate who's a D&G driver. It's because with the screens in place there's a lot of reflections & makes it hard to see the left mirror properly.
(13/02/2023 21:05)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Errrr I can tell ya exactly why the assault screens got removed, I've got a best mate who's a D&G driver. It's because with the screens in place there's a lot of reflections & makes it hard to see the left mirror properly.

You'd think the manufacturers would design vehicles in a way that doesn't imped the driver from doing their job! I recall drivers had issues with the GHA Gold Enviros because the tinted glass reflected internal light when driving on unlit sections of road at night.
Reference URL's