Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: D&G Bus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I notice now the 82 runs from Wincham, the 64 reg Enviros have moved out. It sounds like the ex-Centrebus ones, like 530, have different engines. I'm not sure if that's the reason for the change? I recall the 64 reg ones had issues with the hill climbing on the 82.

It also seems they're now operating the 130 and the Macclesfield locals out of the ex-Arriva outstation. While the Bunbury-John Deanes contract, the Handforth Dean shuttle and the 312 have been moved to Crewe. The John Deanes contract and the Handforth Dean shuttle are operated using the same bus, while the 312 route part duplicates the Handforth Dean shuttle, so all 3 operating from Crewe isn't as strange as it might seem.
(04/06/2023 08:46)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]The simplest way would be to get the First Potteries 3 to Crewe and then the D&G 38 to Macclesfield.

The other option is the D&G 16 to Leek and Aimee's 109 to Macclesfield. Although, the 109 does just have 4 return workings on Saturdays. The 16 used to go Buxton but doesn't anymore, so that means the option of a 16 journey followed by a 58 no longer exists - that would be a nice scenic route if it was available.

I knew about route 3 and may use that again once Crewe bus station has been refurbished. Otherwise I shall check route 16/109 connections, thanks.
Apparently CX57 CYT has transferred from Arriva to D&G.
Changes to 88 from 24 July:
- Addition of weekday 06:22 Knutsford to Macclesfield and 18:45 Macclesfield to Knutsford, neither serve Over Peover or Ollerton.
- Later first service from Wilmslow to Knutsford.
- Morley Green no longer served. Times at Altrincham remain the same but buses leave Knutsford later and get back into Knutsford earlier. Also longer turnaround times at Macclesfield.
- End of through journeys from Altrincham to Northwich. A retimed 89 will operate separately, as a standalone service.
One of the Leighton Link branded Solo SRs has been tracking on the 130 today and the 375 yesterday.
One of the enviros that was on loan to chaserider is back with D&G now.

582, works out of either wincham or crewe. Also surely they'll have to think about replacing their 2 remaining 55 plate solos (140 & 141) both of them are 18yrs old now.

So I would guess we'll get more cascades from centrebus luton or leicester depots when they get new stuff.
D&G have won the 48/48A from Frodsham to Northwich from September
(03/08/2023 18:29)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Also surely they'll have to think about replacing their 2 remaining 55 plate solos (140 & 141) both of them are 18yrs old now.

I'm not sure they're less reliable than the slightly newer 8.8m Enviros. 39 hasn't tracked since mid-July and 53 hasn't tracked since mid-May. 53 and 54 are only 1 year newer than 140 and 141.

I think 582 was at Crewe until Wednesday, then moved to Wincham by Thursday morning.
88 services being diverted due to sinkhole opening up on Boothfields, Knutsford. Another case of the relevant parties ignoring a collapsing road or pavement until it's too late.
Is there any truth in the rumour that D&G will be ordering some brand new buses?
Reference URL's