Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: D&G Bus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08/11/2023 19:05)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Seems D&G are reverting to almost the old 88/89 timetables from 19 November to 'improve reliability' i.e. adding back in all the padding they took out. Obviously ignoring that the main cause of the late running has been roadworks, which should end this month.

Hope it will be possible to travel from Northwich through to Altrincham on the same bus, just paying one single fare.
Enviro 200 MMCs CN17 BHA and CN17 BHD have arrived at the Macclesfield depot from Cardiff Bus. Also seems they've acquired 4 x standard Enviros from East Midlands Airport and two from Falcon Buses.

Versa YJ60 LTK spotted on Macclesfield to Crewe today in Centrebus colours.
A number of 88 trips have not ran today and just got on 35 and it's got the worst Air leak I have ever heard.
(06/12/2023 13:58)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]A number of 88 trips have not ran today and just got on 35 and it's got the worst Air leak I have ever heard.

There seems to have been a number of missing journeys for the past few days. Hopefully they run a full service on Friday, as with the Northern strike their bus service will be Knutsford's only public transport.
Looks like only 2 vehicles out on the 82 today as well and nothing tracking as having gone out to Weaverham on the 49. Despite this there's a lot of small Enviros out and not many big ones out.
(06/12/2023 16:45)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like only 2 vehicles out on the 82 today as well and nothing tracking as having gone out to Weaverham on the 49. Despite this there's a lot of small Enviros out and not many big ones out.

There seems to be an element of ticket machine swopping going (one of the 'new' Cardiff E200MMCs has been tracking as an existing 64 plate Enviro200 for a few days), so something that appears not to be running, just might be. Whatever is going on, the uncertainly of a journey not appearing isn't good. Cheshire East should be all over this on their contracted services affected, but I doubt they even know what's running and what isn't.
Well it's correct that KX14 FJY has stopped tracking today. It's broken down in Wilmslow.
The trend of the 18:50 Altrincham to Knutsford 88 journey stopping tracking in Mobberley has continued this week on Monday, Thursday and Friday. It only tracked going around Longridge on Wednesday. On Tuesday it tracked running directly from Mobberley to Wincham, skipping all the residential streets in Knutsford. Possibly a regular driver for that journey doesn't think they'll be anyone to pick up so can't be arsed if everyone on board has already alighted? When the 300 circular bus ran there were actually quite a few people travelling into the town centre in the early evening on Tuesdays, which I think related to an 8pm pub quiz at the Lord Eldon. That might be less likely now there isn't a bus back afterwards and if D&G can't be bothered then anyone interested will probably do a taxi share in both directions.
Two vehicles are tracking as 165 today, while one of the 09 reg 8.8m Enviros is tracking as 129.
Two new E200MMCs entered service today with D&G Bus on route 38 (Crewe - Macclesfield) - 575/6 YY73 RFE/F
Reference URL's