Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As a side note, there’s been rumours of some sort of combination between the 35 and 41 into a single circular service. Would be worthwhile imo, there’s definitely a market from the areas the 35 serves for people going to the industrial estate.
Not sure if previously reported but Cadets 2801/02 are no longer visible in the compound at Caego, unless they have moved somewhere else in the yard out of sight can we assume collected by the scrap man?

Most of the MPDs are still there in store.
Registrations of the current Arriva Click Sprinters stored in Wrexham (no conformation on fleet numbers as of yet)

RX18 LNE
RX18 LNH (Moved to Chester (08/05/18)
RX18 LNM
RX18 LNO
RX18 LNP
RX18 LNR
RX18 LNU
RX18 LNV
(08/05/2018 15:59)LJ51 DDA Wrote: [ -> ]Registrations of the current Arriva Click Sprinters stored in Wrexham (no conformation on fleet numbers as of yet)

RX18 LNE
RX18 LNM
RX18 LNO
RX18 LNP
RX18 LNR
RX18 LNU
RX18 LNV

What are these here for? Is Arriva Click the branding?
(08/05/2018 18:16)E208 WBG Wrote: [ -> ]What are these here for? Is Arriva Click the branding?
They are in Click branding. There is a photo of them in the Wales Bus Scene Facebook group (Link also available via NWBB Facebook page)
(08/05/2018 15:59)LJ51 DDA Wrote: [ -> ]Registrations of the current Arriva Click Sprinters stored in Wrexham (no conformation on fleet numbers as of yet)

RX18 LNE
RX18 LNM
RX18 LNO
RX18 LNP
RX18 LNR
RX18 LNU
RX18 LNV
Although these are believed to be for demostating purposes only, the addition of the Click livery surprised me. It’s also less green and more blue and purple.

(08/05/2018 18:21)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]They are in Click branding. There is a photo of them in the Wales Bus Scene Facebook group (Link also available via NWBB Facebook page)
I couldn’t find the link or pics on NWBB Facebook or Welsh Bus Scene on Facebook. Instead I found it on Arriva North West and Wales unofficial news on Facebook.
(08/05/2018 19:21)RedPanda Wrote: [ -> ]Although these are believed to be for demostating purposes only, the addition of the Click livery surprised me. It’s also less green and more blue and purple.

I couldn’t find the link or pics on NWBB Facebook or Welsh Bus Scene on Facebook. Instead I found it on Arriva North West and Wales unofficial news on Facebook.

All parked side by side in the compound on Sunday when I had a nose from the public footpath that runs next to it.
They're are NOT for demonstration i doubt they would purchase 13 demonstrators for a start, Arriva Click pointed out their next venture will be in the North West of England and as it stands there is/going to be 13 some still to arrive and spread between North West & Wales as it stands i know for definite Wrexham is allocated one and i'd hazard a guess at the whole of Wales having one at each depot.

Click is not branding its a whole new operation from Arriva it started in Kent where it has seen great success it operates at a bus on demand kind of thing its basically UBER with Buses and operated by Arriva and personally it could be a fantastic success in the likes of Wales especially in the rural area's with it also having an hours of operation of 6:00-22:00

No doubt in someway it will be trial and the more successful of the Depots will have Click full time which the extra vehicles from the non successful area's
(09/05/2018 03:49)LJ51 DDA Wrote: [ -> ]They're are NOT for demonstration i doubt they would purchase 13 demonstrators for a start, Arriva Click pointed out their next venture will be in the North West of England and as it stands there is/going to be 13 some still to arrive and spread between North West & Wales as it stands i know for definite Wrexham is allocated one and i'd hazard a guess at the whole of Wales having one at each depot.

Click is not branding its a whole new operation from Arriva it started in Kent where it has seen great success it operates at a bus on demand kind of thing its basically UBER with Buses and operated by Arriva and personally it could be a fantastic success in the likes of Wales especially in the rural area's with it also having an hours of operation of 6:00-22:00

No doubt in someway it will be trial and the more successful of the Depots will have Click full time which the extra vehicles from the non successful area's
Did you say it can be a fantastic success or vantastic sucess lol
(09/05/2018 03:49)LJ51 DDA Wrote: [ -> ]They're are NOT for demonstration i doubt they would purchase 13 demonstrators for a start, Arriva Click pointed out their next venture will be in the North West of England and as it stands there is/going to be 13 some still to arrive and spread between North West & Wales as it stands i know for definite Wrexham is allocated one and i'd hazard a guess at the whole of Wales having one at each depot.

Demostrators for depots with the intention of scrapping it from less profitable areas and moving to more profitable areas. Specific wording confuses me and I’m sure that everybody gets confused from time to time.
I’ve no idea how reliable the information I saw on that post is but I guess the English could be better.

As for the service, I hope this new way of operation will show owners of gas guzzling vehicles there’s alternative ways to travel to where they want or need to be. Areas with no service to a handful of buses at most I could see a potential reduction or withdrawal of those services. This of course is if Click is a success here.
Reference URL's