Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(18/11/2017 21:20)LJ51 DDA Wrote: [ -> ]All our Solos except recent arrivals 669 and 670 are fitted with E-leather seating and Wi-Fi they were all refurbished to the MAX standard however just not being MAX, although 669/670 are fitted with Wi-Fi Smile

Thank you for preparing me. It will be easier to locate and ride one than I thought!
(19/11/2017 19:48)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for preparing me. It will be easier to locate and ride one than I thought!

Oh it'll be absolutely easy to find one, we have more Solo's than we do Enviro 200s and thats all we have in our fronline local fleet

There is
7 - M880 SLs 660 to 664 and 669/670
5 - M950 SLs 690-694
1 - M960 SL(SR) 711

As stated 669/670 have Wi-Fi but carry moquette, 660-664 690-694 are all refurbished to the MAX standard carrying both E-leather seats and Wi-Fi, Solo SR 711 has no features!

although you may find not all 13 Solos will be on the road may get the occasional sat as spare or VOR for the day but you're guaranteed to get at least 10 as well as the fact they all inter work and Wrexham locals are all fairly short Smile
Some route and timetable changes in Wrexham have been announced on this weeks N&P. Effective from January 7th 2018.
1 Chester .. Timetable changes
3 & 4 Penycae.. Route & timetable changes.
26 & 27 Mold .. Route & timetable changes.
10,11,11A Minera .. Timetable changes.
(20/11/2017 05:42)LJ51 DDA Wrote: [ -> ]Oh it'll be absolutely easy to find one, we have more Solo's than we do Enviro 200s and thats all we have in our fronline local fleet

There is
7 - M880 SLs 660 to 664 and 669/670
5 - M950 SLs 690-694
1 - M960 SL(SR) 711

As stated 669/670 have Wi-Fi but carry moquette, 660-664 690-694 are all refurbished to the MAX standard carrying both E-leather seats and Wi-Fi, Solo SR 711 has no features!

although you may find not all 13 Solos will be on the road may get the occasional sat as spare or VOR for the day but you're guaranteed to get at least 10 as well as the fact they all inter work and Wrexham locals are all fairly short Smile

711 was part of the 16 Solo SR order (710-725) for St Helens our ones here in St Helens don’t really have any features apart from a few having Wi-Fi but I might be wrong
(24/11/2017 16:51)darylyates17 Wrote: [ -> ]711 was part of the 16 Solo SR order (710-725) for St Helens our ones here in St Helens don’t really have any features apart from a few having Wi-Fi but I might be wrong

Yes i know but as stated the question was about Wrexham Solo's and features, 711 is allocated to Wrexham and has no features.
711 has been passed about a bit so won't be owt special! It started off at st helens, then spent a bit of time at macc & winsford before finally ending up at wrexham.
(02/12/2017 11:06)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]711 has been passed about a bit so won't be owt special! It started off at st helens, then spent a bit of time at macc & winsford before finally ending up at wrexham.

Not forgetting it went to Bangor as well.
A post regarding Wrexham depot posted on Social media

"Route 4 will be changing in Jan 2018. The 4 will be split into a 4 and 4A and between them will encompass the whole of Route 6 currently ran by operator 'D Jones & Son'

"Between 18:00 and 19:30 the frequency on Service 1 will reduce slightly in Jan 2018"

"The Depot will return to serving Afoneitha and Pendine Way in Jan 2018"

"very exciting times at Arriva Wrexham"

My opinions " I dont see how that 4A is going to work and its really not exciting times is it really, competing against the 6 which barely has passengers as it is but will happily drop money making 5's to the same operator they're competing against on the 6, going back into Afoneitha and Pendine because people seen there bum yet they drive anyway and that will lead to really damaged Enviro200s again and that kills of the fact of bigger vehicles now which people will now continue to complain about, idiotic."
(02/12/2017 17:40)LJ51 DDA Wrote: [ -> ]A post regarding Wrexham depot posted on Social media

Seem this myself as part of a internal depot newsletter. Never understood why they didn't go for the 6 after RJ's finished. Shame they don't stand their ground more on route 5 opposed to the drop to 40 minutes against D Jones. Still till this day I can find many stops on the route showing the old GHA service info and this is both Denbighshire and Wrexham BC maintained bus stop timetables.
(02/12/2017 20:07)Depotosw Wrote: [ -> ]Seem this myself as part of a internal depot newsletter. Never understood why they didn't go for the 6 after RJ's finished. Shame they don't stand their ground more on route 5 opposed to the drop to 40 minutes against D Jones. Still till this day I can find many stops on the route showing the old GHA service info and this is both Denbighshire and Wrexham BC maintained bus stop timetables.

As far as im aware and know D Jones operate to the old GHA timetable anyway i could be wrong but im sure D Jones also get council funding for the 5 as well which would affect Arriva in ways too.

Anyway as to the revised routes for the 4 and the new 4A

4 - REVISED ROUTE - DEPARTING AT :08 past every hour - Wrexham Bus Station, A5152 (past Bellvue Park), (NEW ROUTING) right onto A525 Ruthin Road, Left into Centenary Road, Right onto B5098/99 Bersham Road following this round to the Vicarage Hill Junction then turning right onto B5097 then merging left onto Pentre Bychan Road following this down to Smithy Lane then turning left onto Smithy lane (serving the Crematorium) then right onto Wrexham Road then continuing as normal.

4A - NEW ROUTE/PREVIOUS ROUTE - DEPARTING AT :38 past every hour - From Wrexham Bus Station to Pentre Bychan is the exact same as the old Route 4 then at the BP garage in Johnstown it'll be turning left and left again into Brynhyfryd following this to Snowdon Drive via Gwalia and Worsley Avenue left out of Snowdon Drive onto Bangor Road before making a right onto Heol Orsaf following this to Heol Kenyon before continuing round Heol Kenyon then a left onto Heol Hafod following this to the top (Co-op)(basically route 6) then making a right onto Ruabon Road then a left onto Stryt Las and then back to the normal route.

It seems as though both routes combined will be covering D Jones route 6 between Wrexham and Johnstown (not continuing to Ruabon) NO changes to Route 3. Smile
Reference URL's