Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(27/07/2016 08:41)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]X51 has now been registered:

PG0007245/446 - ARRIVA CYMRU LTD T/A ARRIVA BUSES WALES, 73 ORMSKIRK ROAD, LIVERPOOL, L9 5AE
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Denbigh
Finish Point: Wrexham
Via:
Service Number: X51
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 17-JUL-2016
Other Details: To Replace GHA Coaches Service X50

Operated by Rhyl Depot not Wrexham.
Arriva have added an evening and Sunday Llangollen service, although the evening service only operates on a Friday & Saturday.

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/globalassets...5-2907.pdf
Good to see the Sunday service has been timed to give a 30 minute headway ex Wrexham alongside the Oswestry 2 service upto Acrefair and vice versa the other way. Arriva between the two operations will have the upper hand on Wrexham weekly tickets over D Jones which I assume dont do Sunday?
I don't live in the north Wales area but it seems that Arriva have gained quite a bit at GHA's demise. Has anyone calculated how many additional vehicles (and drivers) are now required?
(28/07/2016 21:18)Depotosw Wrote: [ -> ]Good to see the Sunday service has been timed to give a 30 minute headway ex Wrexham alongside the Oswestry 2 service upto Acrefair and vice versa the other way. Arriva between the two operations will have the upper hand on Wrexham weekly tickets over D Jones which I assume dont do Sunday?

D Jones dont operate at all on Sundays i dont think they ever really have and i doubt they ever will which certainly gives Arriva the upper hand as stated.

(28/07/2016 21:50)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]I don't live in the north Wales area but it seems that Arriva have gained quite a bit at GHA's demise. Has anyone calculated how many additional vehicles (and drivers) are now required?

Wrexham has needed no additional Drivers required just having more of their own staff in each day as for vehicles Wrexham have gained one VDL SB200 Wright Pulsar 2917 and two VDL SB200 Wright Commanders 2594 and 2601.
I have been informed that Arriva will find out by the end off the week if they have gained the 40 and 146 after talks with the council, it will be ran from Wrexham depot with additional buses to be acquired if they gain the Service.
(03/08/2016 15:02)LJ51 DDA Wrote: [ -> ]I have been informed that Arriva will find out by the end off the week if they have gained the 40 and 146 after talks with the council, it will be ran from Wrexham depot with additional buses to be acquired if they gain the Service.

If all goes well another 3 buses.?
(03/08/2016 18:44)cx04axy Wrote: [ -> ]If all goes well another 3 buses.?

Not sure if three or four to be honest i know the 146 is PVR of 2 not sure if the 40 is one vehicle or two either way it will be more than likely four providing an extra spare.
Im wonder if its the reason why they are trailing the coastliners on the 62 to free cadets from bangor
It's been reported in the local rag that the new subsidised 146 timetable is to be reduced by 11 journeys, so if that's true I think only 1 vehicle will be needed for it.

http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/164941/...dents.aspx
Reference URL's