Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: [Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03/04/2013 13:11)busdude Wrote: [ -> ]
(03/04/2013 12:05)SNL 824 Wrote: [ -> ]Free travel on cross-river hybrid routes on Sunday.

how come?

Its a publicity stunt, in aid of trying to get people who wouldn't normally use the cross river services to come and try them instead of using their cars.
Correct, advertised on the front and rear of this weeks Wirral Globe, idea being to attract new customers to use their nice new shiny green buses!
Its publicity to advertise the new release of the hybrids.
There's a complaint in the Wirral globe about the lack of downstairs seating on the new buses.
(03/04/2013 16:36)N271CKB Wrote: [ -> ]There's a complaint in the Wirral globe about the lack of downstairs seating on the new buses.

Also about how 'uncomfortable they' are. They may not be as comfy as the old Palatines, but theyre a massive improvement to the enviros! The heating even works, and works reasonably well too, some people unfortunatly just cannot be pleased!
I was on 4505 yesterday on the 437 and a passenger said that they've made shorter narrower less seats and uncomfortable!
(03/04/2013 18:40)Arriva3137 Wrote: [ -> ]I was on 4505 yesterday on the 437 and a passenger said that they've made shorter narrower less seats and uncomfortable!

Ow, so was I. I wonder if people remember those modular seats in the Atlanteans?
(03/04/2013 18:49)Peterw Wrote: [ -> ]Ow, so was I. I wonder if people remember those modular seats in the Atlanteans?

I assume you mean these lovely seats.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/61124585@N06/6760823289/

They make the ELC Myllenniums LS had feel comfortable!
(03/04/2013 17:56)R874 ERE Wrote: [ -> ]
(03/04/2013 16:36)N271CKB Wrote: [ -> ]There's a complaint in the Wirral globe about the lack of downstairs seating on the new buses.

Also about how 'uncomfortable they' are. They may not be as comfy as the old Palatines, but theyre a massive improvement to the enviros! The heating even works, and works reasonably well too, some people unfortunatly just cannot be pleased!

Oh well GL can have them and give LS a Pointer Dart then. If only these Wirral-ites had to use a 12/13....
The hybrids have the same number of lower deck seats as a DLA but are in a way worse as I think only eight are step free (the DLAs have ten). There are also fewer seats upstairs compared with the DLAs - these hybrids are very low capacity double deckers.
Reference URL's