Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: [Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could be a fair shout with the cadets as they could replace some marshalls that could get withdrawn, however we can wait and see as like you say palatine its a rumour.
410 Going to hourly to Clatterbridge could be viable from say 8pm daily.

If your going to turn the 410 short , then Bebington Oval misses most traffic objectives by not reaching the main part of Bebington .

I can not see anywhere else where it is possible to turn a bus round , I do know in Birkenhead and District times they turned at Lwr Bebington Village but they may not be possible now since they altered the junction at Bromborough Road to put a traffic island in.

But its case of wait and see as it was not a confirmation by the previous poster.
(16/12/2012 10:28)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]410 Going to hourly to Clatterbridge could be viable from say 8pm daily.

If your going to turn the 410 short , then Bebington Oval misses most traffic objectives by not reaching the main part of Bebington .

I can not see anywhere else where it is possible to turn a bus round ,

If they did decide to do it, usually late 410s get people travelling no further than Spital Cross roads, perhaps running it to the turning circle in poulton lancelyn would make sense - straight over spital x roads tothe next stop. Like you say bebington oval isnt much use.

4097 on 471/2 last night - what a terrible bus, very very slow, much worse than it used to be! Also noticed a cadet had broken down on the pumps last night in the garage, didnt see which one it was though.

AND, shock horror - 4000 managed to last on the road for a full day - congratulations!Wink
(16/12/2012 10:28)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]410 Going to hourly to Clatterbridge could be viable from say 8pm daily.

I can not see anywhere else where it is possible to turn a bus round , I do know in Birkenhead and District times they turned at Lwr Bebington Village but they may not be possible now since they altered the junction at Bromborough Road to put a traffic island in.

But its case of wait and see as it was not a confirmation by the previous poster.

Could run it round at New Ferry where the 38 terminates.
I hear the 410 will turn around at the round where the 464 and 487 pass.
Don't get the rumoured 410 change, the short journeys will save about 9 minutes journey time in each direction so PVR will still be the same on a 30 minute headway with journey time in the evenings of about 52 minutes on the short journeys when the full length is 61 minutes journey time, so longer layover will have to be timetabled in.
(17/12/2012 15:45)MTL0201 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't get the rumoured 410 change, the short journeys will save about 9 minutes journey time in each direction so PVR will still be the same on a 30 minute headway with journey time in the evenings of about 52 minutes on the short journeys when the full length is 61 minutes journey time, so longer layover will have to be timetabled in.

I agree, its hardly going to save any money with such a small change - same drivers hours, just getting payed more to drive less, and the few stops less will save very little in fuel, and if anything will just become an inconvenience rather than a service to the few who wish to travel to the 3 stags or further of an evening.

Although very few people do travel that section, there is still a demand (even at night, the last 410 to clatterbridge gets passengers travelling home from the pub in beb village as far as the golf course)- and seeing as the slight route change is going to save very little, it doesnt make sense!

We shall have to wait and see though, lets not forget theyre only proposed changes as of yet
There was a Merseytravel man doing a survey on the 487 this evening, perhaps this could be related to the rumored changes?
(19/12/2012 20:53)b2311e Wrote: [ -> ]There was a Merseytravel man doing a survey on the 487 this evening, perhaps this could be related to the rumored changes?

This is normal and then the Merseytravel man will only take data up to the county boundary .
Once again my source has proven to be correct. There is a notice up in Southport about 4000 - 4002t and thier arrivle.
Reference URL's