Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: [Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks rather gaudy at first glance, significantly less tasteful than Interurban, but we'll see what they look like branded. I notice both the low-height specification and the limited number of opening windows, on a par with the Geminis at Speke and Winsford. I wonder if we'll see a unique 'green blocks' moquette in a similar vein to the Stagecoach Manchester hybrids and their green version of beach ball?
I'm quite surprised to see that they are low-height as I thought this spec was only available on the DB300 chassis. Would this be a first for the UK market?
that will probs be the one due this week for that depot for drivers to play with
That looks really good in my opinion

(30/01/2013 18:38)Phil Wrote: [ -> ]I'm quite surprised to see that they are low-height as I thought this spec was only available on the DB300 chassis. Would this be a first for the UK market?

The Oxford Bus Company also have some low height Volvo B5Ls Phil Smile

http://www.flickr.com/photos/uktransport...288527341/
Photo credit - "UK Transport Images"
Not sure about the livery myself, I think I will make my mind up whether I like it or not when I see one out and about.
(30/01/2013 19:05)MAN-3460 Wrote: [ -> ]The Oxford Bus Company also have some low height Volvo B5Ls Phil Smile

http://www.flickr.com/photos/uktransport...288527341/
Photo credit - "UK Transport Images"

Ah good stuff. Cheers! Smile
(30/01/2013 19:23)MPTE1955 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure about the livery myself, I think I will make my mind up whether I like it or not when I see one out and about.

At the moment I'm with you on this one MPTE, but we'll see once they're inservice and properly branded.
(30/01/2013 17:35)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]886 wont be required soon as the contract it was being used on is going to A2B .

that was short lived then -guess I'd better go and have a ride while I can.
From 18th February, The 174 (Heswall-Lower Village) will be operated for Merseytravel by A2B Travel but the 175 will be rerouted and still operated by Arriva.
(30/01/2013 21:06)moreton407 Wrote: [ -> ]From 18th February, The 174 (Heswall-Lower Village) will be operated for Merseytravel by A2B Travel but the 175 will be rerouted and still operated by Arriva.

That doesn't on the face of it make sense to split the two unless they're upping the frequencies.

OK so looking at the timetables the 45 minute layover on the 174 makes no sense. Is there another part to this equation - withdrawal of the 166/7 to, from Banks Rd and interworking with the 174 of the remainder?
Reference URL's