Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: [Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(15/02/2013 13:06)Penny Return Wrote: [ -> ]Local mp Frank Field has criiticised arriva over its high fares on the wirral in the wirral globe
this week.Arriva charge more in wirral than Liverpool or Manchester,especially on Child
Fares.He will be bringing it up with Arriva senior management. Frank will be at the Hybrid Launch next month

The fact that it costs £3.20 to go from Birkenhead to Liverpool one way is bad enough in itself, considering its £2.50 on the train and with that get the choice of 4 stations including James Street for Liverpool ONE!

I don't understand why its £4 for a Wirral Day ticket, but for 60p more you can go to chester, southport, wigan, warrington, manchester, crewe... the wirral day ticket really shouldn't really cost any more than £3.60!
Daylight robbery it is, i paid a child single for my 7 year old brother from liverpool to birkenhead and got charged £2.20, i thought the driver was joking at first. I couldve got an adult single on a train for an extra 30p. Ridiculus. And £3.10 for a child day ticket? Whats that all about, horrendus
Thats the reason why people have cars these days , bus fares over the years seem to have just taken off faster than the price of petrol in real terms.
all it does is give smaller companys a more easy task of taking on the big boys, just a shame there is few small companys willing to try it
Hybrid 4494 passsed bbs just before 1400 today,was later parked up by the
back fence at LS.4411 was out on 418/9
(15/02/2013 13:40)R874 ERE Wrote: [ -> ]
(15/02/2013 13:06)Penny Return Wrote: [ -> ]Local mp Frank Field has criiticised arriva over its high fares on the wirral in the wirral globe
this week.Arriva charge more in wirral than Liverpool or Manchester,especially on Child
Fares.He will be bringing it up with Arriva senior management. Frank will be at the Hybrid Launch next month

The fact that it costs £3.20 to go from Birkenhead to Liverpool one way is bad enough in itself, considering its £2.50 on the train and with that get the choice of 4 stations including James Street for Liverpool ONE!

I don't understand why its £4 for a Wirral Day ticket, but for 60p more you can go to chester, southport, wigan, warrington, manchester, crewe... the wirral day ticket really shouldn't really cost any more than £3.60!

Thats why everyone should have day tickets... £4 all day any route in Wirral or £4.60 any bus in Merseyside or £5 return on the train! So its still cheaper by bus and you can go anywhere! Or by a saveaway and get any bus or train Smile

Liverpools is £2.00 single, £3.90 day ticket for Liverpool or £4.60 Merseyside...vs £2/£2.50 an HOUR in most car parks in town, so definitely better by bus.
It's actually £2.90 return on the train, so miles cheaper than the bus.
southport are just as bad get past thornton and they charge just as high
The seating capacity on the hybrids lower deck is less then the enviros with less space
in the chair/buggy/ pram area,and only half a window at the back,other half is
housed off for batteries,looks a bit odd,still looks better than an enviro though
Nice to see the old style hanover displays to be back
Reference URL's