Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: [Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07/05/2013 11:22)R874 ERE Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps its left then.
4413 still here on 464s.

Also worth noting major road works have started today at Spital Crossroads (outside The Three Stags). This is causing delays on Arriva routes 410,419 and 487 in both directions (and the 110,119,219). Delays wern't too bad this afternoon however can imagine it will be a pain in peak time.

4201 appears to be on 419s today.

There is also a Volvo B5LH on the 418/419's today, didn't manage to catch the f/n.
(07/05/2013 11:22)R874 ERE Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps its left then.
4413 still here on 464s.

Also worth noting major road works have started today at Spital Crossroads (outside The Three Stags). This is causing delays on Arriva routes 410,419 and 487 in both directions (and the 110,119,219). Delays wern't too bad this afternoon however can imagine it will be a pain in peak time.

4201 appears to be on 419s today.

When i travelled through the junction this morning they were in the process of putting out the signs for 4 way temporary traffic lights , so each side of the junction will go off seperately which will lead to long queues in all directions , the road surface on the Spital Road and Church Road side of the junctions as well as a big rut that keeps being filled in on the junctions are being sorted by what looks like a major resurface .
(07/05/2013 12:20)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]When i travelled through the junction this morning they were in the process of putting out the signs for 4 way temporary traffic lights , so each side of the junction will go off seperately which will lead to long queues in all directions , the road surface on the Spital Road and Church Road side of the junctions as well as a big rut that keeps being filled in on the junctions are being sorted by what looks like a major resurface .

Yeah, takes a few minutes for each of the 4 ways to change. If you've just missed your light, it should take around 5 minutes for the sequence to come round again! I got there on a 419 earlier on time at 1048 (timing point around corner outside 3 stags MP bound, due 1049), and got round the corner at 1054. Can imagine it to be quite the pain around 5pm!
(07/05/2013 11:55)R557 ABA Wrote: [ -> ]There is also a Volvo B5LH on the 418/419's today, didn't manage to catch the f/n.

It was 4512, and was still out late last night on the 118/9s.
(08/05/2013 11:55)R874 ERE Wrote: [ -> ]
(07/05/2013 11:55)R557 ABA Wrote: [ -> ]There is also a Volvo B5LH on the 418/419's today, didn't manage to catch the f/n.

It was 4512, and was still out late last night on the 118/9s.
I must say that I had that awful bus (either 4512 or 4522) from West Kirby to Liverpool on the 437 on Monday night. For some reason, it constantly made a loud buzzing noise, its diesel engine (which kicked-in later than normal on a few occasions) seemed to be louder than usual and it definitely clunked more than any of its sisters that I've been on!
When I went on 4512 last night it was quite a rattler. I sat upstairs at the front and the CCTV monitor is loose and rattles like theirs no tomorrow, and the front dash has been vandalised with permanent marker. Quite a shame!

Not been on 4522 yet myself so cant comment on that one, but 4512 isn't particularly good!
Oh dear i have been on about 5 so far those not being the 1s that have been mentioned, i sat at the back on the lower deck to hear the engine really quiet compared to the Enviro400s/DLAs etc
New 432 Timetable

Two new Mon - Fri School day services are introduced
(09/05/2013 10:04)MX12 KWB Wrote: [ -> ]engine really quiet compared to the Enviro400s/DLAs etc

I think that was another selling point they used to get funding for them, reduced noise pollution!

On another note, due to road works at 3 stags / spital crossroads, Today, tomorrow (11th) and sunday (12th) Church road closed between Stanton Rd and Spital Crossroads between 9.30am and 3.30pm on the mentioned dates.

Bus diversions are as follows
- Route 487/488 (Neston bnd) continues straight on at Wirral Grammar School, past Grammar boys along Cross Lane, onto Beechway and on Brimstage Rd and continuing as normal. The return (Lpool bnd) is the same but in reverse.
- Route 410/110 (Clatterbridge bnd) turns onto Heath Rd at Bebington Village then turns right along Cross Lane, onto Beechway and on Brimstage Rd and continuing as normal. The return (Birkenhead bnd) is the same but in reverse.
-Route 419/119 (Mill Park bnd) continues through Beb Village and turns left down Quarry Rd East then onto Bromborough Road, following it until Spital Dam before continuing up Spital hill toward Bromborough along Spital Road as normal. The return (Woodside bnd) is the same but in reverse.

The posters also state that route 410/487 are unaffected on sunday and will run the normal route.
Also worth pointing out that during these diversions, timetable displays at affected bus stops and drivers have been told also that passengers may alight or board a service at any bus stop on the diversions.
I'm not sure about A2B route 112/113 however as theres no mention of that or the 419 on the posters.
(10/05/2013 11:36)sth77 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10/05/2013 07:08)motormayhem Wrote: [ -> ]According to form more "X" reg cadets are expected to replace some remaining T*** PNB darts but nothing said on whats replacing the marshalls.

2416 looks now to be here. Currently parked at the front of lane 3(I think) fresh out of the paint shop displaying 10 Liverpool via Prescot on the destination.

X416 AJA now at St Helens Depot
Reference URL's