Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: [Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
3 pulsars on the 487s today - 3130 (probably the best 'new' one at LS, no rattles as of yet), 3007 (which has superb heating, very strange) and another 59 plate.

Also noted S269 JUA on the 464s, and 4001 on 464s too running a modest 15 minutes late. It should however be praised for being out in the first place so its better than nothing!

Managed to get a ride on 2426 this morning, words cannot describe how terrible it is - struggled to get up the hill on spital road towards spital station and its driver ended up using the gears manually. I did also get on 2447 this afternoon however, thats improved considerably to the last time i went on it, lovely ride (for a cadet anyway)

Luke
Those temporary traffic lights on Borough road are impossibly slow, must hold the 464 up considerably. It's around 4-5 minutes for a full cycle, and if there's a queue, you might not pass on the first green!
3003 was on the 487 too. Of the 'new' Pulsars I've ridden at Birkenhead, 3129 has to be the best. A very solid performer with smooth ride, just a little chilly internally. 3124 and 3127 are both poor for new buses.

"Banned" DLA 4158 was on the 432/3/7 for the second time this week as well.
Sunday 464 service introduced from February 17th
(18/01/2013 14:53)mr t Wrote: [ -> ]Sunday 464 service introduced from February 17th

When it gets introduced will the 164 service be withdrawn during the hours that the 464 operates .
Yes 164/165 will be withdrawn sunday daytimes
Possible case of arriva having a go at impera?
(18/01/2013 23:27)N271CKB Wrote: [ -> ]Possible case of arriva having a go at impera?
They've failed if that's the case because, if a Merseytravel contract has to have a variation put onto it, the company receive more money for that change - well, that's what I've been told!
As in they have to stump up some money to Merseytravel for the variation? I didn't quite get the wording.

Regardless, if Arriva think they can recoup that cost and put an end to the competition from an independent treading upon them, I doubt they'd see it as failing!
(18/01/2013 23:49)CX54 DKD Wrote: [ -> ]As in they have to stump up some money to Merseytravel for the variation? I didn't quite get the wording.

Regardless, if Arriva think they can recoup that cost and put an end to the competition from an independent treading upon them, I doubt they'd see it as failing!
I meant that Merseytravel have to pay Impera more money if the contract has to vary due to the law that a contract service cannot operate alongside a commercial service.

I wasn't talking about Arriva's side of the story, really - less running by Impera and an extra sum of money would increase their profit-margin slightly and I understand that the 164/165 have very low patronage anyway...! Arriva may benefit because it's an extra service through the tunnel to Liverpool - nearly-always somebody waiting in Birkenhead/Liverpool for a bus through the tunnel, from what I see!
Reference URL's