Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: [Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't see the Wrexham contingent of the Enviros leaving any later than originally intended; a significant portion of the refurbishment cost was footed by the council so I can't see them being too pleased if they're delayed!
(14/01/2013 21:43)R874 ERE Wrote: [ -> ]Been informed by a source from the depot that the hybrids are now expected to be delayed due to a fault theyve found.

Apparantly they keep dont stop charging when they should and keep overcharging themselves, causing further problems regarding the battery and motor.

Best get used to these DLAs then!

Far better getting any faults sorted out before they get them,will be March at the earliest before
they Arrive
Evidently DLAs are not banned on the 432/433/437 corridor as 4158 is running on there today without a care in the world. There is also one of the newer Pulsars on the 403/413 (3124) - not sure how unusual this should be considered as not a regular enough user to say either way.

Also had a ride on 2434 on the 409, which was absolutely spot on. Superb ride quality.
(15/01/2013 12:19)507009 Wrote: [ -> ]Evidently DLAs are not banned on the 432/433/437 corridor as 4158 is running on there today without a care in the world.

I think its more a case of do not allocate DLAs to the 432/3/7 unless its the last option - I hear the enviros are getting ever more unreliable at the moment so perhaps 4158 was the only bus avaliable to cover for a breakdown or bus VOR?

Then again this is Arriva, one idea one week then another the next! A notice went up in the depot a few weeks ago telling drivers that they cannot take a bus out of the depot on lates unless the board says so. This rule seems to have gone back out the window again!

As for the new pulsars on the 403/13, i think they are certainly in the minority with a couple on it occasionaly. Im not a regular user of the service but im sure its mostly cadet covered -with the odd pulsar thrown in to keep the passengers feeling as if they havnt been forgotten after downgrading them to cadets so the 59 plates could cover 401s!
Enviro 400 4410 is being used for driver training purposes this afternoon.
(15/01/2013 15:01)R557 ABA Wrote: [ -> ]Enviro 400 4410 is being used for driver training purposes this afternoon.

That doesn't seem like a particularly good use of resources. particularly if tere's a DLA out on mainline services.
(15/01/2013 16:02)SNL 824 Wrote: [ -> ]That doesn't seem like a particularly good use of resources. particularly if tere's a DLA out on mainline services.

I'd assume an Enviro would be more preferable to a DLA due to the front seat over the front wheel arch where the driver could easily observe the driver.
Well I can certainly see the logic of that, but still a waste of an Enviro, particularly as their numbers start to dwindle.
(15/01/2013 16:43)SNL 824 Wrote: [ -> ]Well I can certainly see the logic of that, but still a waste of an Enviro, particularly as their numbers start to dwindle.

The only suitable reason I see for using an Enviro is if it was for type training.
This would explain why 4158 is on 432/3/7s though!

I am intrigued.. its been mentioned that the enviros will be (and have started) leaving before the hybrids arrive to ensure theyre refurbed and ready to go, so as the enviros leave and we gain more DLAs, it sort of leaves no choice but to use the forbidden DLAs on 432/3/7s!

Today I noted a few new pulsars out and about, I couldnt help noticing the poor build quality and issues with them-
On 3129, the N/S wingmirror arm wobbles about an inch left and right everytime you go over a slight bump. Also 4 out of 6 screws on the Bus Stopping sign have wound their way out and are now missing - leaving just the 2 bottom screws holding the thing on so it rattles and wobbles around!

On 3133 the side hanover dislpay is now dead and just displays nothing.

I also noted another one (forgot to get the fleet no) and the hanover controller kept rattling around and kept slipping out of its hole, and also a headlight was out as well as the seemingly common bus stopping sign loosening fault!

It wouldnt be much of a suprise on 13 year old cadets, but on pulsars which havnt actually reached their first birthday yet.. - they seem to have been built rather badly, almost as if the screws just havnt been tightened properly on everything! A shame, especially considering how tight they where a few months ago, and even worse, considering the hundreds upon thousands that they cost to buy! I wouldn't be very impressed if I had spent many thousands on buses which are falling apart before having them a year!

Luke
3005 is at arriva bolton now
Reference URL's