Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: [Archive] Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04/02/2013 00:45)CX54 DKD Wrote: [ -> ]
(03/02/2013 22:50)MX12 KWB Wrote: [ -> ]just wondering where they will get trained
In the depot and around the local area with an instructor on board if it's anything like the training that took place with the Solo SRs in St Helens. Not really anywhere else training would be likely to take place taking into account what has already been said. Pretty deductible in fact if what has been posted was read.

With the enviros when they arrived, drivers where shown around the bus and shown how everything on the dash works, what the warning lights mean etc in the depot, then went for a test drive out of Laird Street to the roundabout by argyle street and back. It usually either there, a quick run round the docks past happy als depot etc, or a run to bidston station and back - each are about the same distance!

On another note, 2435 is on the 464s today. Nice and quick, although the interior is a bit tatty.
One Of the hybrids have arrived! Parked in Ls before with quite a few people in the depot next to it
Drove past LS again before and the hybrid had a full rear display like the welsh gemini's
(04/02/2013 15:08)busdude Wrote: [ -> ]Drove past LS again before and the hybrid had a full rear display like the welsh gemini's

Went past about 14.30 and presume it must have been moved into the depot, no sign of it.....shall have another look tomorrow!
Hybrid 4491 is out on the road on driver familiarisation duties in Birkenhead town centre.
(04/02/2013 16:02)R557 ABA Wrote: [ -> ]Hybrid 4491 is out on the road on driver familiarisation duties in Birkenhead town centre.

4491 is a Gemini 2 DL at Winsford. Is it 4492?
(04/02/2013 16:20)507009 Wrote: [ -> ]4491 is a Gemini 2 DL at Winsford. Is it 4492?

So it is, can't be too sure as it passed me at speed, will try and get a better look at it, if not I'm sure someone else will be able to note it.
(04/02/2013 16:46)R557 ABA Wrote: [ -> ]
(04/02/2013 16:20)507009 Wrote: [ -> ]4491 is a Gemini 2 DL at Winsford. Is it 4492?

So it is, can't be too sure as it passed me at speed, will try and get a better look at it, if not I'm sure someone else will be able to note it.

Thought they were going to be 4700 upwards, seen a pic of one at Wrightbus which *looked* like 4700......
There is a pic on facebook of 4491. Looks as if its Boltons First one
You would think that they would have been numbered differently so that the maintainence people could differentiate between fully diesel and hybrid vehicles .
Reference URL's