Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've definatley noticed a rise in Solo's on the 38! 701, 702, 707 and 709 all have been on there this week (Including last saturday!)
I reckon they're using em during the quieter periods during the day, the geminis have deffo had some reliability probs lately.
Well today usual sat jobs, all the dlas presumably on 84s so meant some heritage action with 869 on the 37A. Also noticed 868 had bust speedo whilst working the weaverham circular yet stayed on same duty all day, I'm no expert but shouldn't it have been removed for a serious fault like that???
(11/01/2014 16:06)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Well today usual sat jobs, all the dlas presumably on 84s so meant some heritage action with 869 on the 37A. Also noticed 868 had bust speedo whilst working the weaverham circular yet stayed on same duty all day, I'm no expert but shouldn't it have been removed for a serious fault like that???

I never thought that I would see an MPD referred to as 'heritage' - I must be getting old!

With regard to the speedo - when I drove it was always a valid reason for a bus being pulled off VOR.
Aye some folks reckon darts are quite rateable which some are, 868 continued all day with bust speedo kinda naughty.7628/859 were parked at bk of the yard last time I was there couple of months ago presumably for spares?

On an aside note has anyone seen 2608 lately I've not seen it for a while now.
(11/01/2014 19:37)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Aye some folks reckon darts are quite rateable which some are, 868 continued all day with bust speedo kinda naughty.7628/859 were parked at bk of the yard last time I was there couple of months ago presumably for spares?

I was informed by engineering that 2608 is now fixed and shortly ready for service.
With the hints of ex-London DLPs and VLWs coming here, I am beginning to lose interest in coming here in February. I know quite a few of both types were withdrawn from London last year, but this year London just seems likely to lose some DLAs (from route 319) as few o their routes are up for retender until November.
(11/01/2014 19:37)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Aye some folks reckon darts are quite rateable which some are, 868 continued all day with bust speedo kinda naughty.7628/859 were parked at bk of the yard last time I was there couple of months ago presumably for spares?

7628 is VERY Stripped at the front of the depot! 859 has gone I think, Scrap!

Intresting to see that 869 Stayed on the job and worked the 21:00 Northwich-Winsford! 868's not a good dart IMO...Gears are really dodgy, I had it on the 31 once and it stayed in 2nd! 867 is much better!

2619's turbo leak has gone really weird! Really loud now too!

2609's HOOVERING (That it's done scince new, Wierd because the others don't) has got worse too!
So where the hell is 2608 has it had any duties recently?
Anyone know how long 3615 has left in service also where is best to find it
Reference URL's