Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is 908 still in traffic?
Currently VOR but not withdrawn Im told.
(11/04/2017 22:17)LT10 Wrote: [ -> ]Currently VOR but not withdrawn Im told.

Thanks Smile
The decker also did 16:12 Manchester-Macclesfield journey as I saw it when I was on my way into work.

I'm guessing though that despite it being a Sapphire bus that the next stop announcements weren't working as they only seem to be programmed for the route the bus is generally used on that being in this case 38s so won't work on any other route even another Sapphire route.
(12/04/2017 13:37)dca529x Wrote: [ -> ]Little and (not) very often.

http://www.busandcoachbuyer.com/arriva-o...r-stratas/

Well the positive thing for me is that they've got the much better purpose built Mellor Strata bodywork instead of the standard Mercedes-Benz van bodywork. They're coming with all the things found on much larger vehicles - decent e-leather seats, free WiFi and USB charging points - so I think they'll be quite pleasant to travel on. I just hope they're deployed on a "low capacity high frequency" style service rather than replacing higher capacity vehicles operating on a standard frequency

I think minibuses such as the Strata are a good idea in the right areas so I'm looking forward to seeing how this pilot scheme turns out
(12/04/2017 14:31)Y474 KNF Wrote: [ -> ]I just hope they're deployed on a "low capacity high frequency" style service rather than replacing higher capacity vehicles operating on a standard frequency

I think minibuses such as the Strata are a good idea in the right areas so I'm looking forward to seeing how this pilot scheme turns out

From whats said It's a straight one for one replacement of the solos, 6 at Mac & 3 at winsford.
(12/04/2017 20:58)Olympian Wrote: [ -> ]From whats said It's a straight one for one replacement of the solos, 6 at Mac & 3 at winsford.

That's a shame. I wonder where that leaves the Solos - off to Wales maybe?
Maybe yeah, but the minibuses won't be able to do anything other than macc town work or the late night crewe turns with only being 22 seaters.
(13/04/2017 09:41)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe yeah, but the minibuses won't be able to do anything other than macc town work or the late night crewe turns with only being 22 seaters.

They aren't 22 seaters. They are 16 seaters with the option of having up to 8 standing. Arriva are taking up the option of having the option for having 8 standing but other operators may choose not to if they wish to use drivers who are only licenced to drive minibuses carrying up to 16 passengers.

Yet apparently they are replacing Solo SRs which can carry up to 51 passengers (35 seated and 16 standing.) Huh
Reference URL's