Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11/04/2017 08:33)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]As I thought might happen a decker has worked the 130! Gemini 4490 left macc just before 09:00 with manchester showing on the display.

At least it's an actual sapphire bus this time not a solo......

Great, and sorry to have missed it!
Do you think this might happen again soon?

Imagine if one of the vans ever goes on there ...
Who knows it's a certain possibility yh. When wythenshawe had the daf dla deckers they put in semi regular appearances.

Also with pulsars swopping onto other macc duties such as bollington & crewe I'd say it'll happen again.
[attachment=371][attachment=371]
(11/04/2017 13:38)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Who knows it's a certain possibility yh. When wythenshawe had the daf dla deckers they put in semi regular appearances.

Also with pulsars swopping onto other macc duties such as bollington & crewe I'd say it'll happen again.

With thanks to 33109 for the early report this morning, I took my life into my hands and ventured to Culshaw Farm in Wilmslow for it.
Note sure the pic is going to appear here. I tried to attach it.
Apologies if it hasn't appeared

Not sure I did that correctly - It appeared twice . Oh well !
I briefly saw the decker going out of Wilmslow towards Macclesfield at around 13.30 today.

With the talk of loadings how do the peak time services via AstraZeneca fair these days and has the reduction in the 27 service made an impact on loadings on the 130? It wasn't that many years ago when not only was the 27 hourly but a morning peak service originated from Congleton and an evening peak continued to Congleton (operated by 38 seater Wright Cadets.) I imagine if there are any Congleton commuters still using the bus they would buy a weekly Arriva ticket and change from one Arriva service to another at Macc.
The astra zeneca loadings seem quite good atm, although with a lot of staff having moved to the macc site who knows in future.
It'll obviously depend how many other businesses decide to based themselves at Alderley Park.
(11/04/2017 11:30)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]The Mercs are on order for the Northwich Locals apparently. Like 1, 2, 4

If you believe the Cheshire West council website the number 4 route is Northwich to Barnton via Warrington instead of Northwich to Barnton via Winnington!
http://www.route-one.net/articles/Manufa...est_routes

I. for one, wasn't very impressed with the demonstrator we had earlier in the year, but Arriva management seem keen.
(10/04/2017 10:07)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]I just know when my mate who was working a sunday duty he took 679 out because he preferred how it drove to any of the other solos.

Sorry to backtrack, just to clear this one up over Sunday duties. I believe drivers do have the pick of buses so to speak, but do have a guide. For example duty 1 2 3 and 4 would be listed as Pulsars, duty 5 could be listed as Decker, and 6 listed as a Solo. So as long as they roughly stick to that, you could (in theory) have 894 on the Solo duty if the driver prefers. That above arent actual duties, just an example, and of course drivers choice would have to be within reason too, hence its usually the newest vehicles out. The Solos on the 130 may have just been a one off.
Reference URL's