Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01/04/2015 11:00)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]Had a quick look at the sapphire geminis 4489/90/91 and noticed they haven't been done to the same spec as the other welsh depots sapphire buses.
The upstairs have retained the normal seats just recovered with the e-leather.

(01/04/2015 11:55)CX54 DKD Wrote: [ -> ]The same spec as Sapphire in the rest of the country then. The Welsh division (or was it Welsh govt.?) do allocate additional funds for the higher specification top deck. Don't forget the coach seating reduces the overall capacity though so for a route which already necessitated the full capacity of a decker, the use of coach seats, and a reduction of capacity, doesn't particularly bode well to customers.

Yeah I noticed that with Enviro400's done to Sapphire spec for Arriva North East I used a few weeks ago. Interestingly I liked ANE's MAX Gemini's better and generally there's not much difference between the two IMHO. I'll have to get round to some Sapphire's in the Midlands and South East too.
I am a little surprised that they are so worried about capacity on route 38. I remember it being single-deck (Scania-NC) when I rode it in 2007. If the double-deck is virtually untouched on these Sapphire buses, I would hardly consider these Geminis to be to Sapphire standard. At this rate, my MAX Gemini on the Selby-York route last Saturday will end up having been a more enjoyable ride than these!
(04/04/2015 21:15)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]I am a little surprised that they are so worried about capacity on route 38. I remember it being single-deck (Scania-NC) when I rode it in 2007. If the double-deck is virtually untouched on these Sapphire buses, I would hardly consider these Geminis to be to Sapphire standard. At this rate, my MAX Gemini on the Selby-York route last Saturday will end up having been a more enjoyable ride than these!

Isn't the point of the Sapphire initiative to increase loadings on a route?

Also, some peak hour loadings I've observed on the 38 are already at/exceed the 49 seats that the erstwhile Scanias offered.

Therefore, the additional capacity offered is appropriate.
(06/04/2015 12:08)DVL418 Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't the point of the Sapphire initiative to increase loadings on a route?

Also, some peak hour loadings I've observed on the 38 are already at/exceed the 49 seats that the erstwhile Scanias offered.

Therefore, the additional capacity offered is appropriate.

Last time I was on a38 it was a S/D - standing room only.
Sapphire was launched today in Crewe (Service 38) with 4490 outside Marks And Spencers in Crewe..
After being away for the past three months during which it has been 'Sapphirized', 4490 [MX61 AUO] returned to the Gaw End lane outstation over the weekend.

Struck by the much lighted shade of blue used.

Photo HERE

Next to it is 4166 [LF52 UPS] which I am advised is spending its Easter holiday's in East Cheshire instead of its home at Wythenshawe depot.

The third 'decker is 4459 [MX61 AXW] one of three 'un-Sapphired' 'deckers that have been at Gaw End Lane on loan from Speke to cover the home allocations' absence.
Looks very good in Sapphire livery, makes a change from the Enviro400s.
Took my time today to chase the Sapphire Geminis and got what i wanted

MX61AUN (4489) :- https://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanort...514873354/

MX61AUR (4491) :- https://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanort...otostream/
(13/04/2015 18:43)LJ51 DDA Wrote: [ -> ]Took my time today to chase the Sapphire Geminis and got what i wanted

MX61AUN (4489) :- https://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanort...514873354/

MX61AUR (4491) :- https://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanort...otostream/

I reckon they look better in Sapphire livery than the Enviro400s.
(13/04/2015 20:10)SNL 824 Wrote: [ -> ]I reckon they look better in Sapphire livery than the Enviro400s.

Indeed i am very impressed with them but the panel on the front which has the logo on would look slightly nicer if it was in the Darker blue Smile
Reference URL's