Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
4061 T301 FGN broke down on the way back to the depot this morning!
It came to Winsford Centre to operate the 07:44 journey to Crewe, It absolutely stunk of burning! I told the driver to make him aware and he said he will get it checked when he got to Crewe. Only then does the 07:41 37 Northwich turn up behind it and the driver gets out to tell T301FGN's driver that there is oil and black smoke coming out of the back. The driver told us to wait about 20 minutes for him to come back with another bus, But as it went down the Station Road by pass, the bus came to a stop with a huge cloud of black smoke from the back!

Sounds like the same problem it had a couple of weeks ago on Station road!

876 (Y36TDA) has been on a 29/31 duty all day!
Hell yes at least there's a dart back on the 31 again! They're soooo much better suited to this than anything else due to their small size, the deckers etc struggle getting round by the church at minshull cos its such a tight bend. Sounds as tho 4061 is getting bad as 4143, seriously wrecked engine I reckon no wonder arriva haven't got the money for reresh of the centros etc considering state of their fleet.

Makes me laugh sooooo much this, the newer deckers fail on a regularish basis & there's 3615 just plodding along like its always done hahahaha!!!
They haven't the money to refresh the Centros? Nonsense. The whole division is undergoing a refurbishment scheme as it has been for the past few years. Considering the number of vehicles in the fleet in a much worse condition internally, has it been considered that perhaps the interiors on the Centros simply weren't high up on the priority list at the time of their painting?
It's not surprising the DLAs aren't overly reliable (if that's the case) given that (a) how old they are and (b) they will have had the nuts worked off them in London.
(12/12/2013 13:50)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Hell yes at least there's a dart back on the 31 again! They're soooo much better suited to this than anything else due to their small size, the deckers etc struggle getting round by the church at minshull cos its such a tight bend. Sounds as tho 4061 is getting bad as 4143, seriously wrecked engine I reckon no wonder arriva haven't got the money for reresh of the centros etc considering state of their fleet.

Makes me laugh sooooo much this, the newer deckers fail on a regularish basis & there's 3615 just plodding along like its always done hahahaha!!!

3615 just plodding along? Errrr Nope, it's probably one of the most unreliable bus here, It's known to have a dodgey handbrake, and cuts out randomly at anytime! Also Darts..Suitable Size? Not Capacity wise! The journey it was on was the 15:15 29 out of Northwich, if anything - A HUUGGEE Mistake!
A bus with a 'dodgy handbrake' would not be on the road with a firm like Arriva. If for no other reason the depot union man would see to that.
Yh well they make mistakes sometimes with what bus ends up on what journey. The dlas are bound to fail regular, we've ended up with ex London/merseyside & a few welsh dlas so they're pretty hammered ATM.

Winsfords fleet looks tired internally particularly the cadets, we should've got pulsars rather than centros, better bus all round. Much cumfier, better looking as well.
(12/12/2013 23:41)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Yh well they make mistakes sometimes with what bus ends up on what journey. The dlas are bound to fail regular, we've ended up with ex London/merseyside & a few welsh dlas so they're pretty hammered ATM.

Winsfords fleet looks tired internally particularly the cadets, we should've got pulsars rather than centros, better bus all round. Much cumfier, better looking as well.

Pulsar's didn't exist at time of purchase, if anything, it would have been a cadet/commander
(12/12/2013 20:39)126th street Wrote: [ -> ]A bus with a 'dodgy handbrake' would not be on the road with a firm like Arriva. If for no other reason the depot union man would see to that.

I should of been more specific...But My driver mate just said "I don't like the handbrake on it, It's dodgy, You have so rev it a lot to get it going"
Personally I like Scalia omnicitys wud live to have some around Winsford
Reference URL's