Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The one at Wythenshawe is just there for repairs to be done before transferring to St Helens
Plaxton Centro 2615 currently operating route 10 (Macc - Bollington)
Seen that today probably covering for a solo that's by I repairs or general maintenance, also pulsar 2931 is on the crewe diagram. I'd imagine it'll be the spare?

Centros are definitely transferring to st helens according to the other thread. What's going to replace them though I'm not sure, hopefully not minibuses as we need something of a similar size to a pulsar for the longer distance routes, however minis would be good for town routes but nowt else.
Was in crewe briefly today & saw gemini 4490 on cheated duties which probably explains why pulsar 3160 is at macc.
(01/04/2017 14:22)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Seen that today probably covering for a solo that's by I repairs or general maintenance, also pulsar 2931 is on the crewe diagram. I'd imagine it'll be the spare?

Centros are definitely transferring to st helens according to the other thread. What's going to replace them though I'm not sure, hopefully not minibuses as we need something of a similar size to a pulsar for the longer distance routes, however minis would be good for town routes but nowt else.

It's been mentioned on the Wrexham thread that there's a rumour that their Enviro 400s are going to move to Winsford once the New Citys arrive
(03/04/2017 16:36)507022 Wrote: [ -> ]It's been mentioned on the Wrexham thread that there's a rumour that their Enviro 400s are going to move to Winsford once the New Citys arrive

It won't be all of them - a few at most. Most of them are going to Rhyl for the 51/X51
(03/04/2017 17:15)Y474 KNF Wrote: [ -> ]It won't be all of them - a few at most. Most of them are going to Rhyl for the 51/X51

Are 4 of them still going over to Bangor to replace the Lowlanders?
(03/04/2017 19:40)Lynx Wrote: [ -> ]Are 4 of them still going over to Bangor to replace the Lowlanders?

I don't know I'm afraid - although with Arriva North West legals appearing on 4409 then I think it's unlikely there'll be enough for Rhyl, Winsford and Bangor as well. If Winsford do receive some Enviro400s from Wrexham then they could replace a handful of B7TLs there which could go to Bangor to replace the remaining Lowlanders - although that's just something I've thought of as a possible idea rather than anything I've heard
The B7s may be a tad too high because the Lowlanders were brought in specifically for the height as there was no other suitable stick available locally at the time.
Finally after about 3wks gemini 4490 has finally returned home to macc, today rather unusually working a 3 weston estate duty. Also 2643 is here, & there's a pulsar & centro 2615 working the bollington circuit.

Do we know yet what'll replace the centros when they start moving to st helens???
Reference URL's