Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A rumour circulating is that Julian Peddle has enquired about acquiring the Arriva Winsford and Macclesfield depots (the former for D&G and the latter for High Peak), while Stagecoach have also enquired about acquiring Arriva depots in Cheshire.
X1 branded 3136 is on the 84.
(26/10/2019 16:41)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]A rumour circulating is that Julian Peddle has enquired about acquiring the Arriva Winsford and Macclesfield depots (the former for D&G and the latter for High Peak), while Stagecoach have also enquired about acquiring Arriva depots in Cheshire.

That's what I'd heard too from a macclesfield arriva driver. Also it's been mentioned that DB have apparently postponed the sale of arriva for some reason.
There's likely to be disruption on bus services to/from Northwich tomorrow. The 2, CAT 9, 29, 31, 37 and 89 are all routed down this road: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EH4OOJdXYAAF...name=small

The flooding was top story on the regional news this evening.
See that 4211 was still in active service today in Northwich
What happens now if a vehicle breaks down is it Runcorn who has to come out to it? I only ask as I was informed by a friend of mine at D&G that one of Macclesfields Solos broke down on Churchill Way in Macclesfield yesterday and he seems to think it would have been a long way for a fitter to come out from Runcorn since all maintenance is done from there now.
(05/11/2019 06:31)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]What happens now if a vehicle breaks down is it Runcorn who has to come out to it? I only ask as I was informed by a friend of mine at D&G that one of Macclesfields Solos broke down on Churchill Way in Macclesfield yesterday and he seems to think it would have been a long way for a fitter to come out from Runcorn since all maintenance is done from there now.

I think macclesfield still have fitters based here.
(05/11/2019 07:25)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]I think macclesfield still have fitters based here.

They still have fitters there to do day to day running maintinace and breakdowns as i think it's the main stuff like M.o.t's , Servicing and bigger jobs that get done at runcorn.
A Cadet broke down at traffic lights on the A559 today.
4489 was on the 38 yesterday in standard livery.
Reference URL's