Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good job the DAF ALX400's are going, they seem to break down on a regular basis & some (4096/4050/4143) seem very slow off the mark & struggle like hell up wharton hill. Anyone a clue what the really annoying constant squealing noise coming from the back of 4096 is???
(23/09/2013 09:32)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Good job the DAF ALX400's are going, they seem to break down on a regular basis & some (4096/4050/4143) seem very slow off the mark & struggle like hell up wharton hill. Anyone a clue what the really annoying constant squealing noise coming from the back of 4096 is???

Squealing noise could be the fan belt some of the older volvo buses have squealy fan belts rode on of the southport based renowns on the 300 a while back and it was squealing like anything when pulling away.
It's that fan belt on 4096, 4061 squeels LIKE Hell off this line!

4061 woke me up this morning on the 07:22 29 from Grange to St Johns!
What route does 4489 normally work
38 on M-F, 84s on Saturdays
Anyone know who bought 857/858 from macc? Notice as of cupla weeks ago they've disappeared from the depot, also noted 4042 on the bollington runs yesterday good seeing it back on home turf as for the DLAs its actually fairly decent.
There were brought by Shropshire Bus and Coach, then sold on from there.
(24/09/2013 17:04)R311 WVR Wrote: [ -> ]There were brought by Shropshire Bus and Coach, then sold on from there.

Some of the detail in the comments on my photo uploaded to Flickr may help with the query as to onward destinations.

Photo Here
Big question is how long do the remaining darts have left i.e. - 866/867/868/869/876/877/878???

Guessing they'll get replaced by the optares that macc have got, but heard from driver mate of mine that there's few issues with em such as:

Turning circle - get 3 revs of steering wheel before full lock turning left but only around 2 when turning right hence means they can't serve king edward st in macc anymore
Brakes - apparently a couple of them the brakes aren't much cop according to driver I know

But all in all they seem a great bus, very cumfy & fast too plus the air con is v welcome in the winter months!
Shouldnt the turning circle be the same for both left and right , something isnt right .
Reference URL's