Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Agree 100% gillmoss, it's manageable atm I think but macc really do need a spare decker available 24/7.

If a gemini packs up or is off a few days for maintenance we've only got solos so hence nick a bus off winsford. A centro can handle typical 38 loadings easily but an optare struggles. Even an older enviro such as are used on the sapphire wrexham duties would be good. Apparently also a driver mate told me RE our solos that optare have to come & service em?!

Complete madness & the ex london deckers I.E. 4215/4216 aren't generally too bad. They seem to have been well maintained & internally their a bit tatty but nowt really bad though.
Nice to see 2642 on 84's today, first time I have ever seen a Pulsar on 84 and did not know Winsford had any
Think 2642s here on loan but I could be wrong.
I know nothing of the Winsford decker situation but I do know that they got 4100-07 from Southport and 4476-78 from Speke to supplement 4488-90 and 4215/16. I know that 4101 has gone to Bootle but that still leaves fifteen. How many deckers do they need?
(13/04/2016 09:46)E208 WBG Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to see 2642 on 84's today, first time I have ever seen a Pulsar on 84 and did not know Winsford had any

2643 was also on 84 today
(13/04/2016 09:46)E208 WBG Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to see 2642 on 84's today, first time I have ever seen a Pulsar on 84 and did not know Winsford had any

Try reading back a few posts before posting and you would of known 2642 and 2643 have moved here from Wythenshawe.
(13/04/2016 22:17)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Try reading back a few posts before posting and you would of known 2642 and 2643 have moved here from Wythenshawe.

At the time of posting I did not get a chance as I don't really look in this thread, it just caught me by surprise whilst I was waiting for a bus in Tarvin
Pulsar 2643 was noted again on the 84 in Chester last night.
Anybody know whatever the hells happened to gemini 4490? I know it's over in st helens repair shop waiting attention, is this just a tidy up job on the bodywork or was it victim of an rtc?

Last wk macc had centro 2611 on loan but not seen what we've got this wk could be the same bus.
(19/04/2016 18:45)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody know whatever the hells happened to gemini 4490? I know it's over in st helens repair shop waiting attention, is this just a tidy up job on the bodywork or was it victim of an rtc?

Last wk macc had centro 2611 on loan but not seen what we've got this wk could be the same bus.

4490 should be back at Macclesfield by next Tuesday.
The 84's are returning to decker operation from Monday after a short trial with Pulsars in an effort to reduce fuel costs. Some services were being overloaded coming out of Chester with a result of passengers being left behind. Not good on a hourly frequency.
The service is struggling to make profit even after reducing the vehicle numbers probably due to the route length and number of concessionary fares. This is an industry wide problem due to the cash starved councils not being able to afford to reimburse the operators with a reasonable amount of money to cover free travel.
The results can be seen by the unfortunate demise of Routemaster on the route which was not helped of course by another operator deciding to try and get a share.
Nothing else of any significance to report on the fleet side.
Reference URL's