Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well now the new yr has rolled round again, couple of questions to be asked copey if poss:

(1)Any news on whether or not the centros are staying or going?

(2)Word yet on what deckers are possibly arriving for the 84s???

Also noted a couple of days back was 679 in macc working the bollington locals.
(02/01/2015 10:50)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Well now the new yr has rolled round again, couple of questions to be asked copey if poss:

(1)Any news on whether or not the centros are staying or going?

(2)Word yet on what deckers are possibly arriving for the 84s???

Also noted a couple of days back was 679 in macc working the bollington locals.

Regarding the centros. I have no knowledge of any plans to transfer them. New stock for the 84's has been promised but not until 2016. The plan is to convert the route to sapphire but the reliability has to be improved first and this is to be addressed with timetable changes in March 2015.
679 was loaned to Macc for a day to enable one of their solos to be serviced.
Hopefully 4102 and 4104 will arrive shortly to enable the two remaining DLA's 4030 and 4143 to be withdrawn.
During 2015 I expect the B7's will appear on the two Mon-Fri 84 diagrams plus all the Sat 84's.
The Macclesfield Geminis are to be converted to sapphire for the 38 during January and I believe three vehicles are to be loaned from Speke while this is happening.
4166 will be returning to Wythenshawe after its period of loan to us.
4100 broke down in Chester. Wont start and sounds like a fan absolutely roaring.
(02/01/2015 17:56)copey Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding the centros. I have no knowledge of any plans to transfer them. New stock for the 84's has been promised but not until 2016. The plan is to convert the route to sapphire but the reliability has to be improved first and this is to be addressed with timetable changes in March 2015.
679 was loaned to Macc for a day to enable one of their solos to be serviced.
Hopefully 4102 and 4104 will arrive shortly to enable the two remaining DLA's 4030 and 4143 to be withdrawn.
During 2015 I expect the B7's will appear on the two Mon-Fri 84 diagrams plus all the Sat 84's.
The Macclesfield Geminis are to be converted to sapphire for the 38 during January and I believe three vehicles are to be loaned from Speke while this is happening.
4166 will be returning to Wythenshawe after its period of loan to us.

The 38 going Sapphire is an interesting move - and a departure from the current policy of only converting routes with a high frequency.
(03/01/2015 21:01)tyresmoke Wrote: [ -> ]The 38 going Sapphire is an interesting move - and a departure from the current policy of only converting routes with a high frequency.

I think I had seen this rumoured. I may well ride one in March if the Geminis are Sapphired by then.

As I have just done a Volvo B7TL-ALX400 in Liverpool, I am less bothered about missing out on one in Crewe then, if they are not in service by then or plans have been overtaken by events.
Our "ahem" guests have arrived!

In shape of 4444 & 4459 as replacements for the macc geminis, not sure what the 3rd is as only seen this pair. Anyone an idea how long 4489/90/91 will be outta use while they're upgraded???
(05/01/2015 13:37)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Our "ahem" guests have arrived!

In shape of 4444 & 4459 as replacements for the macc geminis, not sure what the 3rd is as only seen this pair. Anyone an idea how long 4489/90/91 will be outta use while they're upgraded???

With credit to Motormayhem the third Gemini is 4436
Ta v much for the gen fella, will keep an eye out for it.

Anybody know where these have come from & how long it'll take to convert the macc Geminis to sapphire grade????
(05/01/2015 18:07)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Ta v much for the gen fella, will keep an eye out for it.

Anybody know where these have come from & how long it'll take to convert the macc Geminis to sapphire grade????

No problem. Geminis 4436, 4444 and 4459 are allocated to Speke depot
It can take anything from 1-3 weeks per vehicle as i think this is why the paint/body shop as not got much on so that they can crack on with the sapphire conversion of these gems as all may get done at the same time.
Reference URL's